Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding with CLI - Capital One Consolidation and PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding with CLI - Capital One Consolidation and PC

Started rebuilding my credit in January after opening a Cap1 Platinum Mastercard (SL $300, now $1300) and Discover It Secured Card ($500, hopefully upgrades to an unsecured card in Jan 2016). Applied and was approved for the Cap1 Quicksilver One Card (SL $500, now $1500) in April. Requested a credit line increase for both Cap1 cards in early July and was approved. Received an additional CLI today for my mastercard as part of credit steps. My QS1 receives an automatic increase in 3 more months.

July was a great month! Was also approved for Bloomingdales ($800) and Nordstrom ($300). Feeling great about my rebuilding journey in only 7 months. Can't wait to consolidate both my Cap1 cards after my QS1 hits 6 months. By then, I should have over a $3000 total limit for Cap1. I've read that their Venture One must have at least a limit of $3000. After consolidation, will it possible to PC to their Venture One?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Rebuilding with CLI - Capital One Consolidation and PC

Not sure how true it is that you must have $3k for a venture one. But the PC should be possible.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Not sure how true it is that you must have $3k for a venture one. But the PC should be possible.

It's absoutely true. VentureOne has a minimum 3k limit, and Venture has a minimum 5k. Read the "How do you determine my credit line?" section on the application. it's under Rates and Disclosures. 

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/ventureone/

Message 3 of 6
JAmajzan
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

After consolidation, will it possible to PC to their Venture One?

May I ask why you would want to PC to a venture one as oppose to a regular quicksilver?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score 2/16: 707 Tu, 711 Ex, 706 Eq
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

It's absoutely true. VentureOne has a minimum 3k limit, and Venture has a minimum 5k. Read the "How do you determine my credit line?" section on the application. it's under Rates and Disclosures. 

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/ventureone/

I knew about the Venture having $5k minimum as it's a Visa Sig. But I didn't know about the VentureOne having $3k minimum. You learn something new every day. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Venture One isn't really worth it rewards wise. I would wait for the regular Venture or the QS.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.