Reply
Established Contributor
bamagirl1
Posts: 1,045
Registered: ‎12-30-2007
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer

WOW!!

 

A BIG Congrats!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Blogger
FrugalRican
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer

He'll be able to apply the statement credit to the balance, specially if he got a 0% "X" month offer.

So it would essentially be a $100 flight that he'll be taking me with him on.......

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

New Member
lucasoil4u
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎07-11-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer

Man I wish they would send me this cause I would jump on board!

 

New Member
Dylan
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-14-2013
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer

I have been receiving the offer in the mail off and on and decided to apply because of the no AF and current incentives.  Was approved for $12,000.  I almost fell out of my chair!  I figured if approved maybe $5000 if lucky.

Regular Contributor
Viper786
Posts: 190
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Congrats, that's such an amazing starting CL! I am about...

Congrats, that's such an amazing starting CL! I am about to apply for a BCE as soon as my new balances report to the agencies (Statement closed on the 12th so should be within a few days). I have had an amex zync since April of 2011 with perfect payment history but haven't ever received a targetted offer from them.

EQ - 689 FICO - ScoreWatch (6/14) | TU - 701 FICO - Lender Pull (5/14) | EX - 708 - FICO Lender Pull (6/14)
Amazon Store Card - $4000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One - $500 | Capital One - $3000 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1000 | Discover It - $1500 | Macy's - $1500
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer


Dylan wrote:

I have been receiving the offer in the mail off and on and decided to apply because of the no AF and current incentives.  Was approved for $12,000.  I almost fell out of my chair!  I figured if approved maybe $5000 if lucky.


Congrats! My only regret was not applying for my other targeted offers at the same time. Now that I'm "in" with AmEx, I doubt they'll be sending me anything like that again.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Regular Contributor
sengpatt
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer


bribro wrote:

Dylan wrote:

I have been receiving the offer in the mail off and on and decided to apply because of the no AF and current incentives.  Was approved for $12,000.  I almost fell out of my chair!  I figured if approved maybe $5000 if lucky.


Congrats! My only regret was not applying for my other targeted offers at the same time. Now that I'm "in" with AmEx, I doubt they'll be sending me anything like that again.


Fortunately, not true! I got the BCP in October and have since received multiple targeted offers in the mail for the BCE and Blue Sky.  IIRC, you can't get the bonus on an additional Blue series card for 12 months, which is the only reason I haven't bitten.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer


sengpatt wrote:

bribro wrote:

Dylan wrote:

I have been receiving the offer in the mail off and on and decided to apply because of the no AF and current incentives.  Was approved for $12,000.  I almost fell out of my chair!  I figured if approved maybe $5000 if lucky.


Congrats! My only regret was not applying for my other targeted offers at the same time. Now that I'm "in" with AmEx, I doubt they'll be sending me anything like that again.


Fortunately, not true! I got the BCP in October and have since received multiple targeted offers in the mail for the BCE and Blue Sky.  IIRC, you can't get the bonus on an additional Blue series card for 12 months, which is the only reason I haven't bitten.


Were the offers sent to the exact same address you use for your account?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Regular Contributor
sengpatt
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer

Now that I think of it, they were definitely sent to my permanent address. (I'm currently living away from home.) Both addresses are on all of my reports though, so I'm wondering if it would make a difference.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Rec'd Targeted AmEx Blue Sky Offer


sengpatt wrote:
Now that I think of it, they were definitely sent to my permanent address. (I'm currently living away from home.) Both addresses are on all of my reports though, so I'm wondering if it would make a difference.


I've received different offers sent to different addresses, so it's very possible.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}