Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received A Suprise Call From Kroger-UPDATE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Received A Suprise Call From Kroger-UPDATE

Just received a suprising call from Kroger regarding the opening date issue with its 123 cards that has been resolved.  I received an apology from them.  A letter along with a gift certificate is forthcoming.  I advised her that I took issue with the opening date because it was affecting a lot of its customers.  She was very complimentary to me, saying I seem like a caring person.  Smiley Happy  They are very gracious.  Great people working for them. 

original.gif

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Received A Suprise Call From Kroger

Congrats! That was quite a battle. Glad to see that you're finally able to do your happy dance! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats! That was quite a battle. Glad to see that you're finally able to do your happy dance! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!  I'm curious the amount the gift certificate will be.  Since I no longer live in a Kroger area, she was trying to figure something out.   She suggested a few restuarants.   I told her I eat at Subway.  

Message 3 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

LOL - I hope they send you something that is useful!  Smiley Happy

Treat yourself to the most expensive sandwich Subway offers!

Great work - by the way...

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

Here's the letter from Kroger...

Dear Mr. D.I.,
Thank you for speaking with me today regarding the complaint to the Better Business Bureau.
I apologize that the reporting of your 123 REWARDS MasterCard as a new account caused you to get less than the best rate for your car insurance. As you stated, US Bank found a resolution and all accounts were corrected within a few weeks.
Per our conversation, to apologize for any inconvenience, I am enclosing $50 Visa gift Card that you may use anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Your gift card is ready to use. (You only have to register it if you don’t plan to use soon or all at once. It allows you to check on what you purchased. Also, if you use it for gas, it’s easier to take to the clerk instead of using right at the pump).

Message 5 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Nice!

You going to spend it on gas???   Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

Message 6 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Nice!

You going to spend it on gas???   Smiley Happy

Ray

No.  I still have funds left from Chase gas card.  I'll may use to pay cell phone bill.  Or I may use it to pay car insurance. Renewal is coming up.  I'm thinking about sending that letter to my insurance company for a rate adjustment. 

Message 7 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

You should - you seem to be on a good roll right now.

Type away my friend!

Ray

Ray

Message 8 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

You should - you seem to be on a good roll right now.

Type away my friend!

Ray

When I spoke with the insurance company months ago, the underwriter told me it will change my rate by a couple of dollars.    I am in the 88th percent tile, so I still pay a lot less than many others.   I'm going to let it slide since I'm receiving $50.  That more than offset the difference. 

I am really happy that my actions helped others with Kroger cards.  That was my main goal. 

Message 9 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

I received the $50 Visa Debit card yesterday.  The balance is $0 now.   I'm keeping the card and letter as a souvenir with my other accomplishments against creditors. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.