Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: Received Amazon store card today, is the card just supposed to be a peice of paper?

Is this paper-card-only a new thing?  I have the Amazon store card and a regular grey plastic card with the amazon logo and my account number/name...

Regular Contributor

Re: Received Amazon store card today, is the card just supposed to be a peice of paper?

Yeah, i think its a new thing (or at least the last couple of years)..  My brother got an amazon store card 5 years ago they sent an actual card.  However when i got mine a couple months ago, it was just a peice of paper, (kinda like a car insurance card)

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 782 Eq 780, Ex 789(psecu)
Goal Score: 780 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

TBH, there's really no reason to have a physical card for this account...

PS.  If I don't get my "4 month GEMB CLI", I will be dumping this card too.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k/9.99% | Citi Dividend World MC - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $20k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $21.5k/11.99%
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

smc733 wrote:

im right there with you on that because thats what they told me 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Contributor

[ Edited ]

brian2220 wrote:

smc733 wrote:

im right there with you on that because thats what they told me 

You should get the increase after your 4th statement assuming they have no issues with your payment history with them.... 

I opened my account with Amazon 11/27/10.  First statement was 12/17/10. My first CLI was a week before the 4th statement generated. My WalMart store card, also through GEMB,  did the same thing, except the CLI was two weeks before the 4th statement generated. On both, I had requested a CLI through their websites shortly after making the 4th payments and just before the 4th statement was due to generate. Since reading about the 4 month time frames here on the board I haven't been patient enough to wait for an auto CLI Smiley Very Happy

My CLI on each was 200.00 -  YMMV - based on posts i've read from others.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

If my CLI is $200, it will be getting dumped.  It must be at least $800 to bring the card to $2,000

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k/9.99% | Citi Dividend World MC - $12.1k/11.99% | Amex BCE - $20k/10.24% | Chase Freedom VS- $10k/15.24% | Barclay Ring $5k/8.0% | Discover it - $21.5k/11.99%
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.