cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Amazon store card today, is the card just supposed to be a peice of paper?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Amazon store card today, is the card just supposed to be a peice of paper?

Is this paper-card-only a new thing?  I have the Amazon store card and a regular grey plastic card with the amazon logo and my account number/name...

Message 11 of 16
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Received Amazon store card today, is the card just supposed to be a peice of paper?

Yeah, i think its a new thing (or at least the last couple of years)..  My brother got an amazon store card 5 years ago they sent an actual card.  However when i got mine a couple months ago, it was just a peice of paper, (kinda like a car insurance card)

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
smc733
Valued Contributor

TBH, there's really no reason to have a physical card for this account...

PS.  If I don't get my "4 month GEMB CLI", I will be dumping this card too.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 13 of 16
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

im right there with you on that because thats what they told me 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 14 of 16
tbolt2
Contributor

@brian2220 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

im right there with you on that because thats what they told me 

You should get the increase after your 4th statement assuming they have no issues with your payment history with them.... 

I opened my account with Amazon 11/27/10.  First statement was 12/17/10. My first CLI was a week before the 4th statement generated. My WalMart store card, also through GEMB,  did the same thing, except the CLI was two weeks before the 4th statement generated. On both, I had requested a CLI through their websites shortly after making the 4th payments and just before the 4th statement was due to generate. Since reading about the 4 month time frames here on the board I haven't been patient enough to wait for an auto CLI Smiley Very Happy

My CLI on each was 200.00 -  YMMV - based on posts i've read from others.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 16
smc733
Valued Contributor

If my CLI is $200, it will be getting dumped.  It must be at least $800 to bring the card to $2,000

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.