cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received American Express Card Today - Question About Name?

tag
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: Received American Express Card Today - Question About Name?

@john398 wrote:

I wonder if Celberties can have just one name on their card, such as Cher

When I was a kid, in the 1970s, there was a soccer-player named Pele, who did a commercial for AmEx (using only his first name)

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3BDFiC8eB4

Message 11 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Most Celerbrites that have been in the biz for more than 6 months don't want there name on financial stuff, it makes it collectible and they also want to get away from the limelight, they get reconized enought no reason to have it everytime they check into a hotel room or charge something.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

The card was embossed with the information from the "name as it should appear on the card" box from the application.

If you try requesting the replacement through the automated online tool, you might still get a card with the wrong information.

You should request a replacement card, with the correct information, by calling customer service and explaining the situation. 

Smiley Very Happy

I'm STILL waiting for my DW's PRG card. 

I would call, but make sure you let them know exactly whats going on, i'm on attempt #3 for my DW's card.

I told ya you'd keep getting zyncs Smiley Tongue 

in 50 years when they're all collectible you're gonna be rollin in the dough Smiley Tongue 

Message 13 of 14
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Most Celerbrites that have been in the biz for more than 6 months don't want there name on financial stuff, it makes it collectible..

John Wayne's AmEx Card was bought for $9560

http://www.icollector.com/An-American-Express-Credit-Card-1978-Total-1_i11251024

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.