cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Amex EveryDay and Barclays Rewards cards in the mail this week!

tag
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

Received Amex EveryDay and Barclays Rewards cards in the mail this week!

I'm excited to have both of these cards now in my wallet. I have worked very hard to get to this point. I came back from the brink and was ready to throw in the towel, but I sucked it up and made it happen. If it wasn't for you guys on here I don't think I would have followed through with everything. It's mainly because of all the insight and stories on here that kept me pushing forward seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am tempted to hit the cli on both Amex and Barclays rewards. I haven't been able to find that much info on the cli's with Barclays. As for Amex, I have Sept 22nd circled as my 61st day and I plan on applying for the 3x increase that is so talked about on here.

If anyone has any advice in the interim with respect to the cli's on both of these, feel free to drop me a line.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Amex EveryDay and Barclays Rewards cards in the mail this week!

Barclay CLI through the luv button is a hard pull. The only way to maybe get a soft pull from them is to call in requesting an apr reduction and sometimes they have a sp cli available for you. No success for me. All HP and no CLI. Tough times from barclay so Im gardening now to see if that will help.

Message 2 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Barclays wants history. You arent going to get a CLI right away. After maybe 6 months of usage you can call and ask.

The amex 61 day thing is no longer a rule. You can ask whenever. Only go for the usual 3x if you actually feel you need it. You can ask for any amount you want. Doesnt have to be 3x.
Message 3 of 16
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Barclays wants history. You arent going to get a CLI right away. After maybe 6 months of usage you can call and ask.

The amex 61 day thing is no longer a rule. You can ask whenever. Only go for the usual 3x if you actually feel you need it. You can ask for any amount you want. Doesnt have to be 3x.

I have seen so many threads about the 3x increase after 61 days. It's a soft pull correct?

Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 4 of 16
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

The most recent rumors are you don't have to wait till day 61 any longer for AMEX, you can do it sooner.  Personally, I would wait since waiting may (unknown for sure) improve your chances slightly.

Also, the 3x is not guaranteed, but it happens frequently.  There are a number of people here who were denied the 3x, myself included.  But hey, it was probably a glitch that I got the card in the first place, so I'm not complaining just yet.  

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 5 of 16
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclay CLI through the luv button is a hard pull. The only way to maybe get a soft pull from them is to call in requesting an apr reduction and sometimes they have a sp cli available for you. No success for me. All HP and no CLI. Tough times from barclay so Im gardening now to see if that will help.

Thank you for that intel. I'm glad I asked about it first. It took me 4 apps to finally get approved for the Barclays Rewards. I'm just going to use it and sit tight. I'll revisit it at some point during the early winter. I'll focus all of my efforts on the Amex to get that one up since it's a soft pull (I think).

Message 6 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes amex is a SP for CLI. And yeah the 3x is never guaranteed, nor is any CLI
Message 7 of 16
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@redbeard wrote:

The most recent rumors are you don't have to wait till day 61 any longer for AMEX, you can do it sooner.  Personally, I would wait since waiting may (unknown for sure) improve your chances slightly.

Also, the 3x is not guaranteed, but it happens frequently.  There are a number of people here who were denied the 3x, myself included.  But hey, it was probably a glitch that I got the card in the first place, so I'm not complaining just yet.  

Dan

Thanks Dan. When you were denied, did they offer a partial increase?

Message 8 of 16
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

No, no partial increase, no increase at all.

I'm just glad they didn't cancel my account Smiley Happy

I have no idea what percentage of people get CLI vs those that don't.  From what I've seen here with Amex, it seems like 75% or better get them, others, like myself, got the card, but we are on a longer trial period.  I'll get there.

Now, the denial was painless since it was a softpull and actually, I think it was a softpull from almost 2 months prior, just after I got my card.  I assume this based on some info on the denial which was removed shortly after I got the card.  I just haven't been back to ask again, though I will in 2 months time once my report takes a major step up.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 9 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@celticslegends wrote:

I have seen so many threads about the 3x increase after 61 days. It's a soft pull correct?

The important one is the 3x CLI Guide.  Make sure you read it.  Should be linked in the stickies but if you Google "3x CLI" it will be the first hit.

@redbeard wrote:

Also, the 3x is not guaranteed, but it happens frequently.

3x didn't refer to what one would qualify for.  As with any creditor that's based on credit and income.  3x is or was a cap.

@redbeard wrote:

I have no idea what percentage of people get CLI vs those that don't.  From what I've seen here with Amex, it seems like 75% or better get them, others, like myself, got the card, but we are on a longer trial period.

It's not just luck of the draw or a percentage.  With any creditor, limits, APR's, CLI's etc are all based what one's credit and income qualify for.  If one qualifies for the requested CLI then one will get it.  If one qualifies for less then one will get a counteroffer.  If one does not qualify for any CLI then one will receive a denial.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.