cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Capital One and Amazon Visa cards, credit score once cards report?

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Received Capital One and Amazon Visa cards, credit score once cards report?

How likely will these cards boost my score (say in the next three months or less) since my utilization will be lower? The balance has been paid on the other Cap1 card and I'll probably use it again to get my utilization between 1-5% since a FICO expert said that under 10 is good, but some is better than none (which means I'll probably have to carry a very, very, very small balance). The new cards each have $1,000 balance on them, which is $700 more than my mother initially got on her card.

Note: On one card, while it appears on my report, I'm only an AU on it while the two new cards are solely mine and will remain so. Thanks!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.