Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

Received Chase Sapphire in the mail today!

[ Edited ]

Just got my chase Sapphire activated and ready to go!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Valued Contributor
clocktick

Re: Received Chase Sapphire in mail today!

Nice and congrats!  I want that card one day

I remember you having many favorable cards (to me).

Can you list them all?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 JUNE 2014 TU 779 EX 764 EQ 721
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Barclays LLBean $15k/Sallie Mae $12.5 -Cap One QS $4 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Member
lokobo

Congrats!! I love how it's so shiny and has such a soft feeling finish!

Current Score: 757 TU, 748 EQ (12/2012), Goal Score: 800
Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

[ Edited ]

Thanks Everyone!

Haha, sure I'll share my cards with forum members. Despite having too many cards for my age (21), I have a purpose behind it. That is to one day purchase my dream home once I finish school :smileyhappy: .

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday- $2000

AMEX Zync- No Pre-Set

AMEX Accelerated Rewards BofA- $5000

BankAmericard Platinum Plus Visa BofA- $3000

Best Buy Store Card- $1700

Chase Sapphire Visa Signature- $5000

Citi Thank You Master Card- $3650

Discover More- $1000

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Contributor
Amnesia87

You have a similar set of cards as me (though you have BofA instead of USAA) and we are both fairly young (I'm 23)

My cards are now:

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $2000

Amex Gold Preferred - No Pre-Set

Amex Rewards USAA - $7000 (just got this, suprised by the limit)

Citi Forward - $3300

Discover More - $1000

PSECU Visa/PSL Combo - $10000 (<3)

USAA Rewards Mastercard - $2000

I'm amused by how many people I see with $1000 Discover Cards...

I'd very much like to get a Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I need to do some serious gardening first. I opened both Amex cards, the PSECU Combo, and the USAA Amex in the last like 2 months. (because of the way PSECU reports it's going to show as 5 new accounts >_< BB AAoA. It was only 3y2m anyway, and it will stay over 2, so it's not the end of the world, at least now my AAoA will be more resilient to new cards. I gotta start working on backdating the Amex cards though.)

Looks like your next step needs to be looking into CUs to bump the limits into the 5-digit range. Other than the Sapphire, I think the only other card/CU I really want in with is NFCU, though I'm gonna have to think hard on how I'm gonna manage that one. May try PenFed or SDFCU in 6-12 months. Other than that the only other cards I can really see getting are other Amex variations.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

[ Edited ]

Amnesia87 wrote:

You have a similar set of cards as me (though you have BofA instead of USAA) and we are both fairly young (I'm 23)

My cards are now:

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $2000

Amex Gold Preferred - No Pre-Set

Amex Rewards USAA - $7000 (just got this, suprised by the limit)

Citi Forward - $3300

Discover More - $1000

PSECU Visa/PSL Combo - $10000 (<3)

USAA Rewards Mastercard - $2000

I'm amused by how many people I see with $1000 Discover Cards...

I'd very much like to get a Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I need to do some serious gardening first. I opened both Amex cards, the PSECU Combo, and the USAA Amex in the last like 2 months. (because of the way PSECU reports it's going to show as 5 new accounts >_< BB AAoA. It was only 3y2m anyway, and it will stay over 2, so it's not the end of the world, at least now my AAoA will be more resilient to new cards. I gotta start working on backdating the Amex cards though.)

Looks like your next step needs to be looking into CUs to bump the limits into the 5-digit range. Other than the Sapphire, I think the only other card/CU I really want in with is NFCU, though I'm gonna have to think hard on how I'm gonna manage that one. May try PenFed or SDFCU in 6-12 months. Other than that the only other cards I can really see getting are other Amex variations.

I was approved for the Discover More as a student. Maybe sometime in the future I'll join a CU, as of now I have too many inquiries :smileyhappy:.

-Alexander Dumas
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

TheCreditKid wrote:

I was approved for the Discover More as a student. Maybe sometime in the future I'll join a CU, as of now I have too many inquiries :smileyhappy:.

There are lots of good reasons to join a CU, but you don't need it just to get a CL of $10K or above.  You have plenty of credit and are still in school.  Your cards will grow with you.  I had a very similar credit profile when I was in college.  By the time I graduated, my $5K cards had become $10K cards.  And then I destroyed my credit, but that's another story.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

Walt_K wrote:

TheCreditKid wrote:

There are lots of good reasons to join a CU, but you don't need it just to get a CL of $10K or above.  You have plenty of credit and are still in school.  Your cards will grow with you.  I had a very similar credit profile when I was in college.  By the time I graduated, my $5K cards had become $10K cards.  And then I destroyed my credit, but that's another story.

+1

-Alexander Dumas
Frequent Contributor
slarano

Hurrah! Congrats to you. I know I would not have been able to handle all that credit worthiness while I was still at school. :smileyvery-happy:

myFICO Starting Scores: TU 643 03.10.09 EX 676 01.09.09 EQ 638 05.24.09
Current Score: (WalMart FICO) TU 792 04.03.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EX 745 02.06.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EQ 771 02.06.13
Goal Score: 800+

Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

[ Edited ]

simonlarano wrote:

Hurrah! Congrats to you. I know I would not have been able to handle all that credit worthiness while I was still at school. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks,

It's a big responsibility, so far I'm handling it well.

-Alexander Dumas

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+