Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Discover It card

tag
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Received Discover It card

I received my Discover It card in the mail today.  The packaging it came in was a nice touch but then I noticed that Discover seems to be following what Chase does with at least the Sapphire in that they put the card number on the back.  This leads me to my next question...is that a sticker on the back with the credit card number, name, and valid dates printed on it?  It sure looks like it and if it is I am not sure how long that is going to last.  At least Chase etches (or laser engraves) the information into the card on the back.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Received Discover It card

it looks printed but mine has held up pretty well. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 14
Arago
New Contributor

Looks like the Sapphire card. It's nice but I prefer the old style credit cards much more. There's no way an IT card is going to work with a manual imprinter. Lots of transactions still use these.
Message 4 of 14
Arago
New Contributor

Had I known this about the IT card, I wouldn't have switched. Cabbies already hate Discover. Hand them an IT card and they'll probably just laugh.
Message 5 of 14
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Yes its a sticker and its very cheap looking. I wasn't too impressed, but.love the service!
Message 6 of 14
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Argo where you from? who still uses imprints??? i havent seen one of them in years i almost wonder if they are even still allowed w. pci compliance
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 7 of 14
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i guess they are since most cards are still raised
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 8 of 14
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

I've seen delivery food guys use them in the last 4-5 year's. Maybe a taxi or two.
Message 9 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Personally, I like the look of mine. I even ordered the NY Skyline. As far as imprints, I think I'm happier that there isn't a carbon copy of my cc. When Pizza Hut delivers and they see the card, they just write the info they need on their receipt.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.