Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received! Double CLI from Chase

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Received! Double CLI from Chase

So, I'm sitting on a 785FICO EQ and 800 FICO TU with 2 inqs on EQ and none on TU or EX, so I decided to heck with it, I want CLI from Chase.

Was at 3K (which is complete garbage considering 10K limit at AMEX).  Requested 10K limit from Chase and they were like yeah, um, no!  We'll give you 1.5K extra.  Then she said, "I've never seen more than 50% increase". 

I'm like burn an inq for 1.5K....um, no!  So, I took it, but decided to call the backdoor number same day. 

I hit them with an elevator pitch before they could even ask my name!  I got 45K verifiably deposited in Chase, 185K of verifiable income (direct deposit), verifiably EXCELLENT CREDIT (Thanks myFICO community...I used to be a 500 kinda guy...now I'm an 800 kinda guy!!!), and I have 10K verifiable limit at AMEX (I know they pulled a report, don't know which yet).  I also told them I want to switch all my spend over to Chase from Amex...blah..blah...

Woman says, "Wow Sir, just let me take a second look and we'll see if we can do a second review".  2 minutes later, She said she'll submit for review and recommend approval.  She says it may take 48hrs based on the fact that I just got CLI today...but she'll definitely recommend approval. 

SO, moral of the story:  don't let banks rob you of your INQ.....get it for what's it's worth! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Re: Requested Double CLI from Chase

I hope you get it.

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Let us know what the outcome is!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 3 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

It's Chase so shouldn't be surprised if they 1. HP again and 2. deny request.  IMO Chase and boa are the most twitchy majors right now, Chase essentially has sub prime CLI policies IME, they're a strange brew.  Good luck! hope it works out and if not that you find a more beneficial place to do primary banking.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 15
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Update --- The CL last night was $4,500 (the 1.5K increase)

The CL this morning:  A Cool $10,000. 

They approved the double CLI!!!  By the way, I called the recon number at 877-781-3109 but they transferred me.  I don't know the number that the transferred to.

Again, thanks myFICO.  My scores used to be a mess--literally an absolute mess!  Have patience and with time and good history you too will go from NO WAY, to Yes of course!

Message 5 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ChemGuy wrote:

Update --- The CL last night was $4,500 (the 1.5K increase)

The CL this morning:  A Cool $10,000. 

They approved the double CLI!!!  By the way, I called the recon number at 877-781-3109 but they transferred me.  I don't know the number that the transferred to.

Again, thanks myFICO.  My scores used to be a mess--literally an absolute mess!  Have patience and with time and good history you too will go from NO WAY, to Yes of course!

Congrats! 

Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sweet! You have officially entered the very rare (and low in membership) group of those who got someone at Chase to listen to a consumer.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 15
mauve
Valued Contributor

You inspired me to email and inquire about a CLI - I just asked if they do them based on periodic review or only upon consumer request.  I'm not going to pursue it beyond asking that question, but I did want to know.  They're my best card, both in CL and interest rate...oh, and customer service.  There are three things that I like best about them: credit limit, interest rate, customer service, and the attractiveness of the card.  The four things I like about them are the credit limit, interest rate, customer service, attractiveness of the card, and the ease of use of their site...

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

mauve, you cheated, that was first 4 and then 5 things, LOL 

Message 9 of 15
mauve
Valued Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.