Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Double Cash Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Double Cash is WORLD!

thelethargicage & colinstu - my Citi Forward Visa Signature Card does not have the NPSL option even though it is a "Visa Signature." So Citi is trying different options. Note, likely the Citi Double Cash Back World Master Card does include all the other Master Card "World" benefits so it makes it a great card with extras! One can see the World benefits by visiting the mastercard.com site.

Message 61 of 144
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thelethargicage & colinstu - my Citi Forward Visa Signature Card does not have the NPSL option even though it is a "Visa Signature." So Citi is trying different options. Note, likely the Citi Double Cash Back World Master Card does include all the other Master Card "World" benefits so it makes it a great card with extras! One can see the World benefits by visiting the mastercard.com site.

Does Citi get higher swipe fees for World/Signature cards?

Message 62 of 144
Anonymous
Not applicable

thelethargicage - you ask a really good question. Based only on my reading from blogs the answer is "yes." Personally, I can not state that as a fact since no merchant has disclosed that to me.
Message 63 of 144
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

I think they do. If so, thats a smart, yet greedy, move on Citi's part

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 64 of 144
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@afinch1992 wrote:

I wonder how MasterCard feels about that. I mean, aren't World MCs supposed to have NPSL?

Message 65 of 144
colinstu
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@afinch1992 wrote:

I wonder how MasterCard feels about that. I mean, aren't World MCs supposed to have NPSL?

I didn't think it was a requirement initially but I finally found this http://www.mastercard.com/mel/personal/en/aboutourcards/credit/world_card.html ...so yes they "should" but I think it's up to the CC issuer to pick the features they want, etc. 

EDIT: Sallie Mae (card backed by barclays) has a WMC that has no AF. Does it have a NPSL? I don't think so either. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 66 of 144
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@colinstu wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@afinch1992 wrote:

I didn't think it was a requirement initially but I finally found this http://www.mastercard.com/mel/personal/en/aboutourcards/credit/world_card.html ...so yes they "should" but I think it's up to the CC issuer to pick the features they want, etc. 

EDIT: Sallie Mae (card backed by barclays) has a WMC that has no AF. Does it have a NPSL? I don't think so either. 

I have the Sallie Mae WMC and it shows up as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card" on my credit report, so I guess it does!

Message 67 of 144
Anonymous
Not applicable

thelethargicage - several years back Visa and MasterCard had minimum standards for financial institution card issuers. Cards that were Gold, Platinum, World, World Elite and Visa Signature (Infinite Visa in foreign countries) usually had income criteria, credit performance standards, along with the financial institution being required to issue at least a $5,000 CL. Benefit minimums were prescribed for each tier of card. All issuers did the same thing. [Back in 1973 Citi had a Gold Visa which had virtually nothing for benefits like today and it took an arm and a leg to get approved with $5K - I contacted the CEO of Citi because Citi credit denied me and I got it]. Today many of the requirements have gone from you "shall" offer to a list of you "may' offer. Did not know myself that the Citi Forward Visa Signature did not have an NPSL so I contacted Visa International only to learn about the changes about card issuing standards. Also, as you know Citi is a very large issuer of Visa and Master cards so they have clout on bending the rules! Hope this helped. As an aside, at one time Gold Cards required $35K to $50K in verifiable income (they contacted the actual employer) before approving the card.
Message 68 of 144
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
thelethargicage - several years back Visa and MasterCard had minimum standards for financial institution card issuers. Cards that were Gold, Platinum, World, World Elite and Visa Signature (Infinite Visa in foreign countries) usually had income criteria, credit performance standards, along with the financial institution being required to issue at least a $5,000 CL. Benefit minimums were prescribed for each tier of card. All issuers did the same thing. [Back in 1973 Citi had a Gold Visa which had virtually nothing for benefits like today and it took an arm and a leg to get approved with $5K - I contacted the CEO of Citi because Citi credit denied me and I got it]. Today many of the requirements have gone from you "shall" offer to a list of you "may' offer. Did not know myself that the Citi Forward Visa Signature did not have an NPSL so I contacted Visa International only to learn about the changes about card issuing standards. Also, as you know Citi is a very large issuer of Visa and Master cards so they have clout on bending the rules! Hope this helped. As an aside, at one time Gold Cards required $35K to $50K in verifiable income (they contacted the actual employer) before approving the card.

Well, you learn something every day, very interesting info, thanks!

Message 69 of 144
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Citi DoubleCash card has ARRIVED!

Nice looking card it is a WORLD MC altho its only a $1,200 CL. The WORLD MC logo is on the back of card, like they have said its not flimsy has a nice look, they also ent checks for BTS for 15 months at 0% and 12.99% after 15 months are up. Nice card.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 70 of 144
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.