Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opened

tag
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opened

I feel your pain. For every $25 I spend on Zync I'm supposed to get a $5 Dunkni' Donuts gift card...or every $50 I spend...regardless...I have received 4 envelopes from AMEX saying "Your reward is inside" and all but 1 of them were tampered with. I should have had 5 or 6  $5 cards by now and they mail has always been opened for them...I made several complaints. I told AMEX "Maybe you shouldn't put 'Your reward is inside!'" on the frickin' packaging. They said they can't do anything about it. *sigh*

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArisGreek wrote:

I feel your pain. For every $25 I spend on Zync I'm supposed to get a $5 Dunkni' Donuts gift card...or every $50 I spend...regardless...I have received 4 envelopes from AMEX saying "Your reward is inside" and all but 1 of them were tampered with. I should have had 5 or 6  $5 cards by now and they mail has always been opened for them...I made several complaints. I told AMEX "Maybe you shouldn't put 'Your reward is inside!'" on the frickin' packaging. They said they can't do anything about it. *sigh*

It looks like you are having a lot of problems with your mails. You need to file a complaint with the Postal Inspector ASAP! They will watch your courier's every move.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy new year btw.

Message 13 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'd like to think that it wasn't employees doing this, but I do remember that two separate contract mail delivery people (drove their own cars, not USPS vehicles) on my old mail route were found with basements full of undelivered mail, two separate and unrelated cases.  * sighs *

At any rate, I don't think that customers should have to pay to rent PO boxes if there is an internal theft problem going on. Smiley Mad  I agree, alert the postmaster at your local substation AND the postmaster at your main distribution station.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny you say that. I spoke to the manager at my local post office Friday. I was told this issue would be brought up the person that delivers mail to my address she also suggested a P.O. Box which I found kind of weird but she assured me the issue will be dealt with. A Government ran company that's a mess.

Message 15 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

"A Government ran company that's a mess."

Technically, the USPS is an independent agency chartered by the federal government and not part of the federal government per se. In any case, it and a large chunk of the federal government is a mess for the most part.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

Technically, the USPS is an independent agency chartered by the federal government and not part of the federal government per se. In any case, it and a large chunk of the federal government is a mess for the most part.

A HOT MESS!

Message 17 of 20
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

I'm sure we'd be better off it it was run like Countrywide.

Message 18 of 20
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Financially, the USPS is not much better.

It has huge structural financial issues that will likely result in a taxpayer bailout:

• Billions in unpaid pension liabilities
  • Billions in deferred maintenance
  • Sharply declining market for bulk- and first-class mail
  • Strong competition for express and small-package delivery

Message 19 of 20
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I had this happen before, at my bank branch, actually. A local postal worker was intercepting credit cards a few months ago. Randomly started doing it.

He came into my branch irate that he could not activate "his new card" and wanted it to be "immediately activated" and that he needed it done within minutes as he was leaving for a trip that afternoon. The best part? I was the banking officer who sold the credit card to the actual customer, and noticed immediately it wasn't the real customer, without even having to ask for ID verification. I asked for ID, he quickly noted he didn't have it and said he'd "be right back." I was on the phone with Corporate Security within minutes.

Last I heard he was arrested for mail tampering, and has a court date pending. It's not uncommon at all, especially in the current economy. If you have mail being tampered with, contact USPS immediately and report it. 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.