Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opened

Received my card in the mail today. The envelope in came in was completely open. I moved a year ago an since I been at this new address I noticed the only time my mail is tampered with if it was a credit card inside. I did call the post office to make a complaint today. I was told someone would be back to me in 48 Hours.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opened

Yikes!

Have you considered getting a PO Box?

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mother suggested that to me today. Only thing for the future I thought when applying for credit you can't use a P.O. BOX?

Message 3 of 20
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My mother suggested that to me today. Only thing for the future I thought when applying for credit you can't use a P.O. BOX?

If you have a P.O. Box, mail with your address will still go to the P.O. Box.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

O thats how it works

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happens to me all the time... credit cards, birthday cards, christmas cards etc...

The postal service must not screen people as well as they used to, I have noticed within the last 10 yrs this seems to be a problem.

I never had issues with it before that and around the holidays it happens a lot more!

Message 6 of 20
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

Some companies won't accept a PO box as a mailing address unless you are military/government working overseas....I had that problem while living in the UK & Germany.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opene

@Anonymous wrote:

It happens to me all the time... credit cards, birthday cards, christmas cards etc...

The postal service must not screen people as well as they used to, I have noticed within the last 10 yrs this seems to be a problem.

I never had issues with it before that and around the holidays it happens a lot more!

Not to excuse  the Post Office- but sometimes its your neighbors (You have no idea who is the klepto in your building or next store), and sometimes its actual people on the hunt. just this past Christmas there was a story of  a lady caught following a UPS truck and stealing the items that were being dropped off at houses as the UPS truck drove away.

my apartment is "secured" the mail is past the security doors so i closed my PO box, it still freaks me out when I get a bag of $400 of medication left at my door.

Thats why stores now sell new mail boxes that are lock secured/vaults

Message 8 of 20
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Received Macy's Card Today But Mail Was Opene

This happened to me recently (1 I could have excused as damaged, but it happened a 2nd and 3rd time as well).  I ended up having to call the postal service who then directed me to fill out a police report.  I'm not sure what happened from there but I never had any more problems after that.

On a side note I wish I could punch one of my neighbors who continually puts unopened bank statements and card offers directly into the community trash.  He's just asking for trouble...

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure it was OPENED and not UNSEALED? I receive UNSEALED mail all the time.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.