Reply
New Contributor
BabyBlue
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎09-04-2008
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


Logical wrote:
Reading a little late just paid off tonight!!  I called the numbers for Shell and P66 and got $300 increase each!! :smileyvery-happy:
Thanks for the info!

 

I concur! Many thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

 

I have been considering closing the card as I do not really use it and with the credit line of 400 whatever balance would report would be quite substantial %-wise. My only concern was AAOA.... So, I decided to give it a shot and call the number - I was approved for an automated CLI of 500!!!  My online account should be updated within the next 24 hours to reflect the new CL of 900. I am hoping it will be a soft pull; if not, I will let you guys know.

Regular Contributor
Logical
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


BabyBlue wrote:

Logical wrote:
Reading a little late just paid off tonight!!  I called the numbers for Shell and P66 and got $300 increase each!! :smileyvery-happy:
Thanks for the info!

 

I concur! Many thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

 

I have been considering closing the card as I do not really use it and with the credit line of 400 whatever balance would report would be quite substantial %-wise. My only concern was AAOA.... So, I decided to give it a shot and call the number - I was approved for an automated CLI of 500!!!  My online account should be updated within the next 24 hours to reflect the new CL of 900. I am hoping it will be a soft pull; if not, I will let you guys know.


 

Both my gas cards updated online instantly. Logon and see, your's might.

 

Congrats. Great increase!

Valued Contributor
stef37
Posts: 2,205
Registered: ‎12-06-2007
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


USC08 wrote:
what about Exxon Mobil Cards???? can u do CLI on phone without being a hard inquiry?

 

I'm returning late to the party on this one, but to answer the question, the CLI was on my Exxon/Mobil card.

 

OP had another thread concerning Citi backed gas cards at the same time as this one.

Contributor
jar1154
Posts: 103
Registered: ‎09-29-2008
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today

What kind of scores are they looking for?  To rebuild was told to get a gas card, but don't want to apply if not going to go through.
Valued Contributor
stef37
Posts: 2,205
Registered: ‎12-06-2007
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


jar1154 wrote:
What kind of scores are they looking for?  To rebuild was told to get a gas card, but don't want to apply if not going to go through.

EQ was 632, no derogs and 7-8 months of history. They approved me for $750 and it was not instant. I had to mail in proof of identity and address.

Regular Contributor
Madison
Posts: 163
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today

What was the APR?

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


Madison wrote:

What was the APR?


 

My APR is 19%

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
jaybird201
Posts: 672
Registered: ‎07-05-2008
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


fishbjc wrote:
Shell does a HARD INQUIRY for cli requests online!!!!  Lesson Learned!  Always come here for advice FIRST!!!!
 
Since you've got the Shell...go for the Sunoco.


Message Edited by fishbjc on 09-12-2008 07:38 AM

I just got the Citibank Sunoco and they're great. I enjoyed the 10% back for the first 6 months (up to $75 I think) and even got a CLI upon receiving the card. Now I just enjoy the bloated CL and the addition to my credit mix and make a charge every few months.

Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL
Posts: 665
Registered: ‎03-31-2007
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today

For decent CLI, I had to use my card alot.  I rarely use card anymore... maybe once every 2 months.
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Received My Shell Gas Card Today


FaircreditguyFL wrote:
For decent CLI, I had to use my card alot.  I rarely use card anymore... maybe once every 2 months.

 

Yeah most like i will use mine once a month but it will come in handy when i take road trips an i need gas.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}