Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Notice of Important Changes to Credit One Bank

tag
jayjay21us
Established Member

Received Notice of Important Changes to Credit One Bank

I just receievd my bill from Credit One and there was an insert showing important changes to my account as of 8-1-2011

• Annual Membership Fee - $99.00 (billed at $8.35)
  • Cash Advance Fee - Either 8.00% or $5.00 of each cash advance, whichever is greater

I don't care about the cash advance, since I don't do that anyway.. But, now they want to charge me $100  a year for a $500 limit card.. I don't think so.... 

Did anyone else get this?  I've been carrying a zero balance for the last few months (always paid in full each month).  As of 7/1, I'm closing this card..

After that, the next to close is FP!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Notice of Important Changes to Credit One Bank

Probably (I toss the envelope lol).  I see that monthly fee on every online statement.

I just stuck the card in the drawer two weeks ago (zero balance).

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One sent me a pre-approval for a card with a limit "up to $1500", which makes me wonder what they were looking at when they "pre-approved" me.  However, it says that the annual fee is $75 for the first year and $99 thereafter.  Is August your 1 year anniversary?

Message 3 of 4
iainlbc
Valued Member

Don't blame ya at all!! I can't wait to kick FP to the curb as well.

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.