Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Upgraded Wally MC Yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received Upgraded Wally MC Yet?

My upgraded card also took longer to arrive than expected.  I have not activated it yet, I am trying to see if I can keep both the Store card with a lower credit limit and get the new MasterCard as well, so I can keep my Time Of Credit higher.  After trying every number known to man, no dice.  The credit line on the letter is the same credit line as my store card, so it looks like no increase for me, but I have not activated it yet so that may come upon activation.  I think I am giving up on keeping the old blue card active.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine this morning. CLI on activate +3100.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finially bit the bullet and activated it.  Called again to see if I could keep the old blue card from inactivating but once again no dice.  The rep was nice and said that once all the history is combined it will not lower the history too much or if at all becuse the account is treated as an upgrade and not a total new account.  They may be incorrect but it will be interesting to see how that goes.  They did say it might lower it at first for a month but once they have all the info transfered it will be like I have had the new card all along.  

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update JB5. Good news re: the AAoA. Did you get a CLI despite what the paperwork said? Hope you were surprised with Big $$.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my card today...no cli upon activation...called credit solutions and they told me that they could not raise me any higher...I am physically I'll right now...just want to throw up...can't wait to see the hit I take on my aaoa. If I had known that I wouldn't get a bump I would have never accepted the upgrade.

I just threw up.

Gregg
Message 25 of 31
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Received my card today...no cli upon activation...called credit solutions and they told me that they could not raise me any higher...I am physically I'll right now...just want to throw up...can't wait to see the hit I take on my aaoa. If I had known that I wouldn't get a bump I would have never accepted the upgrade.

I just threw up.

Gregg

I promise, I mean no disrespect: Do you really need more than $10k on that account immediately?  You’ll most likely be able to increase that limit in the near term.  What’s the hurry?

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. None taken. Of course I don't need it...but I also didn't need the mc. Only got it bc everyone I spoke to credit solutions they were like oh yeah...you should get a big bump. Would have liked 25k....but of course I know it will grow...just fearing the aaoa hit...that's all Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 31
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol. None taken. Of course I don't need it...but I also didn't need the mc. Only got it bc everyone I spoke to credit solutions they were like oh yeah...you should get a big bump. Would have liked 25k....but of course I know it will grow...just fearing the aaoa hit...that's all Smiley Happy

Got it!

I'm with you in "wait & see" mode.  I didn't "need" this upgrade.  I hope I don't regret taking it.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. I hope u don't regret it...like I do now. If I had known that the mc would have had the same cli...I would have kept the store card. Have worked too hard for my credit to have wally throw a wrench into it..ya know Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 31
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I'm sure you'll be fine Smiley Happy  The limit you currently have is respectable and will grow like a weed.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.