cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@Anonymous

Oh, but there are prizes for everyone!  Grab your prize from the bag... what's that? A new line of credit shrinking your AAoA?  Wow!  A sparkling HP? sweeeeet! 

Ok, one too many wines, perhaps.  LOL..

Message 111 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

I also received a letter for an upgrade to the WM Mastercard. I've had the card about 1.4 years and started with a $150 limit. My current CL is $6k which I got around Oct-Nov of 2016. I have NEVER received an auto CLI. I called and used the chat for all of my CLi's. Maybe now that I've received this letter I'll try for another one as I've just paid my account off.

Message 112 of 120
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

I think I'm going to dig the letter out of the mail pile and call to cancel mine. I wouldn't use it anywhere other than Walmart, so it doesn't make sense to take another AAoA hit for a card that doesn't offer me any benefit over the store card.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 113 of 120
MICHAELM30
Established Member

The letter i recieved said you have been upgraded and your new card will come in the mail soon, Is this normal ? Did you guys have an option to decline because i sure didn't. The card hasn't come yet though.

Message 114 of 120
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You have to call the number provided before March 10th (I believe that's the date) to decline the upgrade
Message 115 of 120
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@MICHAELM30 wrote:

The letter i recieved said you have been upgraded and your new card will come in the mail soon, Is this normal ? Did you guys have an option to decline because i sure didn't. The card hasn't come yet though.

In with the letter is a sheet that says "Important Changes To Your Account Terms." The phone number to call is on that sheet.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 116 of 120
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Thank you

Message 117 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my upgrade letter for my Wal-mart store card SL $800 2015 and now 3,000 CL. I wonder if i will get a credit increase on the upgraded Walmart mastercard? My Amex blue sky auto increased from $3,000 to $6,000.  I'm fed up for trying to ask for credit limit increases because i'm always denied so i just let my credit cards auto increase. My income 78K gardening for only a few years until i decieded paying for everything in cash wasnt going to help me buy a home so i went to work hard core. lol

CU Visa $2,500  

Walmart store card $3,000

American express blue sky $6,000

Home Depot $1,500

Chase freedom unlimited $4,500

**Gardening started in 2015**

Credit scores high 600's - low 700's

Message 118 of 120
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, give credit solutions a call for Wally if your high 90's on TU, you should be able to up to 5-6 k. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 119 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok but what is high 90's?  

The problem is with my TU credit report  is high 600's because its not showing my mortgage acct i opened 5 months ago so its not giving me a good credit mix score and lots of inquiries when i opened up my auto in 2015 they hit lots of banks ith my app.  luckly they will fall off in 24 months.

Thanks averagejoecredit i hope your right Smiley Happy everytime Amex increases my limit wally follows so i'm hoping it happens when i get upgraded to the wally MC.

Have a great day everyone! 

Message 120 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.