cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a better offer from Discover than the one I signed up for.

tag
bobomb01
Established Member

Received a better offer from Discover than the one I signed up for.

So I just signed up for a Discover More card with a promotional APR of 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months. All balance transfers have a 3% fee, and I transferred $3950 to the card.

I got the card on Thursday.

Yesterday, I opened my mail and I had a "pre-approved" offer from Discover with a promotional APR of 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, with no fee for balance transfers.

This offer is much better for me...

I only need about 6 months to pay off the balance i transferred to it, and I wouldn't have to pay the $120 fee.

I called customer service and they said they couldn't do anything about it... I can't apply for the new offer either, because I have 2 cards with Discover and that is their limit.

I know it's only $120, but hey, thats $120 I wouldn't have to spend if I had waited a week to sign up with Discover.

I don't want to give up just yet, so I was wondering if anyone had some advice for me? Smiley Happy

FICO: 754, (Walmart TU, 9/4/13)
Wallet: AMEX Gold, and cash.
Chase Freedom (5000), Capital One Venture1 (4750), CU Visa (5000), Discover More (5500), Walmart Discover (7500), Barclays Visa (2000)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Received a better offer from Discover than the one I signed up for.

Not much you can do. Have you talked to a supervisor about it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
bobomb01
Established Member

Re: Received a better offer from Discover than the one I signed up for.

@LS2982 wrote:
Not much you can do. Have you talked to a supervisor about it?

Not personally, but the customer service rep I spoke with said she spoke with her supervisor.

I just feel a little disappointed lol... Oh well, not much I can do I guess.

FICO: 754, (Walmart TU, 9/4/13)
Wallet: AMEX Gold, and cash.
Chase Freedom (5000), Capital One Venture1 (4750), CU Visa (5000), Discover More (5500), Walmart Discover (7500), Barclays Visa (2000)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.