cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a pre approval offer in the mail for a Walmart Credit Card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a pre approval offer in the mail for a Walmart Credit Card.

I call the number on the letter and the lady i spoke too after i gave her the pre approved number on the lettet told me that i was approved for the card. And that i will received it within 7-10 business days. She would not tell me my credit limit. Is this a decent card to have?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Received a pre approval offer in the mail for a Walmart Credit Card.

It'll get you a FREE TU FICO score every month, so I say yes no matter your limit or whether you use it or not.  There's no annua fee.  GEMB is pretty good with CLI's.  And if I recall correctly, purchased over a certain amount can qulaify for 0% interest promotions.  And did I mention the FREE TU FICO score?

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information. I will see how things will go with the Walmat card when i receive it.

Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and don't forget the up to $40 cash back at checkout that is treated as part of your purchase vs cash advance or anything the bank will frown on... and of course use at Sams Club also.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good to* have it.

Message 5 of 16
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

I love mine!!! However on my statement I have separate charges for interest on purchases and for cash advances and the only cash advance I ever got was at the register added to my purchase so be careful! I still love it though!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I love the card cash advance feature it saves me an ATM fee on my debit card. It is treated as a regular purchase though listed separate on the account. On my account I can get up to $60 per day up to $140 per month. I believe the Walmart Discover card is up to $100 per day and I don't know the monthly limit on it. On My Walmart  card it appears to be $20 per $100 of available credit as my limit is $700 for purchases. The free FiCo each month is just frosting on the cake.Smiley Surprised

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I received the same offer yesterday in the mail. Though, I shredded it. I figured it would be another $300-900ish card that wouldn't help that much overall. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit, and shoulda checked into it more.

The TU FICO mighta been worth it alone, oh well.

Message 8 of 16
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

I just called and gave my approval # to the lady and she said the same thing "congrats, you'll get your card in 7-10 days". 

When I asked for the CL, she said 600.  I don't know if that's good or bad, but I'm happy she told me. Smiley Happy

I've been wanting a Walmart card, but I shouldn't because I'm paying down my card that have a high utilization, so I just want to sock drawer this after using it for gas and pay it off each month.  GEMB has been very good to me with various card (Gap , Chevron, Care Credit).

BURNING QUESTION:  How do I use it for a free TU credit report?  Is it really a TRUE FICO TU report?   

Thanks for your help.  This forum has helped me since 2007 and I'm forever grateful.

My true fico scores:

EQ  688

TU  690

Message 9 of 16
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

how does that cash back work?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.