Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received expedited CSR?

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Received expedited CSR?

Hey! Mr. UPS just dropped off my CSR, I will be able to take it on my trip this week!
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
Hey! Mr. UPS just dropped off my CSR, I will be able to take it on my trip this week!

Post pictures and impressions!

Message 12 of 46
driftless
Valued Contributor

It is like a CSP. Card number on the back.

Interestingly, I did not see how to activate the card in the included materials that I skimmed. I called the number on the back of the card.

IMG_1212.jpg

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks so pretty :drool:
Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:

Interestingly, I did not see how to activate the card in the included materials that I skimmed. I called the number on the back of the card.

These cards, like the Ritz, come already activated.  You do not need to call in.

Message 15 of 46
driftless
Valued Contributor

Ah, did not know that.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

These cards, like the Ritz, come already activated.  You do not need to call in.

Why though? Isn't the point of activating it a security measure?

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

Well I used to think so too until I read that credit cards will be accepted by CC companies for charges whether they're activated or not.  Guess that's why Chase does that.  Can't remember which other card companies do that but there are others.  Definitely seems weird at first.

Message 18 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

To my surprise my card came in via UPS overnight from Chase today.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

Well I used to think so too until I read that credit cards will be accepted by CC companies for charges whether they're activated or not.  Guess that's why Chase does that.  Can't remember which other card companies do that but there are others.  Definitely seems weird at first.

That's weird. The system should be set on auto-decline if the card isn't activated. I know my Discover card declined once when I forgot to activate it. 

I do remember having the ability to set my debit card PIN at the POS terminal before, but that was also a very weird observation. 

I guess if someone else picks up the tab, not only would the customer be PO'd but Chase would already be out money due to lack of security when it comes to mailing the card and having it activated with security codes and whatever else. 

Not our problem I guess... Chase is just asking to be hit with more fraud costs and unnecessary risk. 

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.