Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received hand written welcome letter

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Received hand written welcome letter

I applied for the Andrews FCU membership. After approving my membership they sent me a personalized hand written welcome letter. I guess human touch still exists in this computerized world.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Received hand written welcome letter

no waySmiley Surprised

Message 2 of 18
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I applied for the Andrews FCU membership. After approving my membership they sent me a personalized hand written welcome letter. I guess human touch still exists in this computerized world.

That's the kind of people you  like to do business with.  That kind of outreach will do wonders for their business.  Congrats on the approval. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 18
quest208
Frequent Contributor

wow.  nice!  congrats.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 4 of 18
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

**DigitalDiva falls on the floor in shock!!!**

No way!!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 5 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I got one, too, when I joined UCF Federal Credit Union. I guess the small CUs really do like to apply a personal touch. Smiley Happy

ETA: It's such a rarity, I saved it!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 18
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Wow, talk about personal relationships with customers!  Did they invite you over to dinner, too?  Smiley Wink

Not applicable

Wow, that makes me want to join their CU. The fact that they take the effort to reach out to customers on a personal level like that means a lot more than fancy tv ads and tons of useless 'pre-approval' mail ever will. Too bad I'm nowhere near Andrews AFB .

Message 8 of 18
lithium78
Established Contributor

That's the kind of courtesy and attention that made me move my savings from a big commercial bank to my local credit union.  Credit unions give you the best rates and the best service.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 18
IowaGuy
Contributor

If you fall behind, do they call you up and use your first name? "Mike, this is Tom from the CU..."
700 Club
Amex Gold PR, Main card, Role: rewards
Chase Amazon Visa, Role: Amex backup
Pen Fed Promise, Role: low APR, balances
Amazon Store Card, Role: 0% financing
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.