cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received invitation for Citi Platinum Select and got the still processing message.....

tag
brojen
Established Member

Received invitation for Citi Platinum Select and got the still processing message.....

Hello,

I have received a couple of the Citi mailings to apply for the Citi Platinum Select with the "personal number" assigned. I finally thought I would give it a whirl tonight and applied online. I submitted the app and got this message.

Application Received

Thank you XXXX XXXX. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision.

Is this pretty much a denial? or is there still hope?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Re: Received invitation for Citi Platinum Select and got the still processing message.....

In my recent experience with Citi, that meant a denial.  But, perhaps recon will work ... it didn't for me though.

Sorry if it doesn't work out ...

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 2 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Received invitation for Citi Platinum Select and got the still processing message.....

i agree with the post above me.  it was a denial for me as well.

Message 3 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

Sadly, I have to agree that this may well be a denial.Smiley Sad

I applied on two different occasions after receiving the same pre-app mailings, and got the same message you did...and both times it meant a denial.

I wasn't successful with recon either time (utilization and PR on record) but I've read quite a few posts advising of successful recons.

And  maybe they just need some more info and it isn't really a denial.

Please post back.

Good luck!!Smiley Happy

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 4 of 12
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Sadly, I have to agree that this may well be a denial.Smiley Sad

I applied on two different occasions after receiving the same pre-app mailings, and got the same message you did...and both times it meant a denial.

I wasn't successful with recon either time (utilization and PR on record) but I've read quite a few posts advising of successful recons.

And  maybe they just need some more info and it isn't really a denial.

Please post back.

Good luck!!Smiley Happy

I haven a Public Record on my reports. I recieved a preapproval letter back in August. It was an instant approval for 8.7K.

I had no open accounts of my own, only 2 old closed accounts in good standing and am an AU on 5 of my wifes accounts. Low utilization.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 5 of 12
janesmith1979
Valued Member

Brojen, I got the same message as you when I applied and just got a decision from Citi via email: "Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request for the account at this time due to the following: Too many recent credit inquiries recorded on your credit bureau report".

Well, yeah, because I put in a bunch of apps for auto loans a couple of weeks ago to get the best financing available before I bought a new car! Shouldn't Citi have been able to tell that they were all the same type of inquiries? Would that have made a difference in their decision to approve or deny me for their card?

Oh, well. I needed a new car (got the dealer's 0% financing for 60-months!) way more than I need a new credit card. But the 0% intro APR and 13.99% rate thereafter on the Citi Platinum Select card was so appealing. What's this "recon" that has been mentioned here on the forums and would it help me with Citi? I'd love to transfer balances from my higher rate cards to the Citi card, if I could get approved for it. Thanks, y'all!

Message 6 of 12
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I thought when you're shopping for auto loans or mortgage loans that they only count as 1 inquiry if they are within 30 days

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 7 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

@ArisGreek wrote:

I thought when you're shopping for auto loans or mortgage loans that they only count as 1 inquiry if they are within 30 days

They do for scoring purposes....but all the inquries are still listed, so for 'app' purposes can look like a lot of 'credit seeking'.  And it can depend on the analyst on recon as to whether they take the car shopping aspect into consideration when making the yea or nay decision.

Message 8 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

I haven a Public Record on my reports. I recieved a preapproval letter back in August. It was an instant approval for 8.7K.

I had no open accounts of my own, only 2 old closed accounts in good standing and am an AU on 5 of my wifes accounts. Low utilization.

I think my bigger problem was really the utilization aspect....about 25% when I applied.  The denial letter cited both the PR and balances too high, but just like you've advised, I've read numerous posts of Citi approving w/PR on record.  Frustrating, because I'd like to take advantage of the 0%  21 mos BT so I can get the debt paid down faster.

Message 9 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ArisGreek wrote:

FICO scoring has a "de-duplicationwindow" and it looks at your history for the last 12 months, and when it sees two or more hard inqs for the same type of mortgage or auto loan it will ignore all but one of them as far as scoring is concerned. If the lender is using an older FICO scoring model the window is 14 days, if they are using the newest model it can be up to 45 days. Also keep in mind that even though the multiple inqs count as one in FICO scoring, all of the inqs will continue to show on your reports (that is, reports pulled from sites other than myfico) for up to 2 years.

(Yes I stole this right from our distinguished moderator fused).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.