Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Chase Freedom...

tag
Infamouscxr
Established Member

Received my Chase Freedom...

I have been so happy to have gotten approved finally for the Freedom card as some of you may know. It finally arrived in the mail yesterday and I was like a little kid on Christmas and ripped the envelope as fast as I could... And there it was... What a nice shiny blue card! Sure it looks a lot like my debit card but the Freedom logo just makes the blue look that much better. I started reading the included paperwork and was immediately taken out of my happy moment when I noticed I didn't get the 15 month 0% intro. Smiley Sad Sure I'm still happy and grateful to get my foot in the door with Chase credit, but kinda sad that I must resort to using my Cap1 card if I want/need to carry a balance.

Has anyone heard of this? When I applied it was offered 0% intro apr and bt for 15 months, but all I received was the 0% BT...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
navyox
Regular Contributor

Re: Received my Chase Freedom...

Think of it this way.   This is your first credit card with Chase, correct?    Well you never get a second chance to make a first impression.  So if the 0% APR would tempt you into carrying a balance you could very well be hurting your chances to get other Chase cards in the future.   

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 2 of 3
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Received my Chase Freedom...

And at least it's a Blue card. You can't go wrong with Blue.

Its the new Black, you know.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.