Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received new JP Morgan Select Card

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Received new JP Morgan Select Card

I received my new JP Morgan Select card last Friday, and to my astonishment, it was sent already activated. Smiley Surprised  It didn't have the usual sticker or any information on how to activate the card, so I called, and the CSR told me that they are sent out already activated.  I asked if she knew why, and she said she didn't know other than this was the only card they do this with.  I wonder if they have to activate the chip at the credit card factory?  Kind of scary if you ask me...

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received new JP Morgan Select Card

Nice Congrats! I wish I could be approved for one Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I received my new JP Morgan Select card last Friday, and to my astonishment, it was sent already activated. Smiley Surprised  It didn't have the usual sticker or any information on how to activate the card, so I called, and the CSR told me that they are sent out already activated.  I asked if she knew why, and she said she didn't know other than this was the only card they do this with.  I wonder if they have to activate the chip at the credit card factory?  Kind of scary if you ask me...

Interesting, i guess they are not worried about theft

I have this card in mind in about 2 years i will get one of these. How would you compare it to the AMEX Plat?

Message 3 of 10
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I have the Select card and the Ritz-Carlton Visa and neither one of them required activation on my part.  I don't have the Palladium but wouldn't be surprised if it was pre-activated as well.  I was a little concerned on the Ritz-Carlton because I ordered 3 AU cards and 2 didn't arrive until a week after the first.  Having 2 activated cards lost in the mail was a little bit of a worry but it all worked out.

Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Yea I would say!! Congrats!! Can you post a pic??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Does it look like the website or better in real life!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

It looks like a bronze color in the light. Very deep brown out of the light.

Message 7 of 10
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I would concur with the bronze color.  It looks metallic although it's not.  It's a classy looking card - subtle and understated.  I'd take a picture, but I'm not sure how to black out my name and such, or how to get it up here.  I'm technically challenged.  Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I would concur with the bronze color.  It looks metallic although it's not.  It's a classy looking card - subtle and understated.  I'd take a picture, but I'm not sure how to black out my name and such, or how to get it up here.  I'm technically challenged.  Smiley Very Happy

I don't know how to do that either Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Need one of these photo editing software.

But I think MS Paint can just do it fine too. But if youre unsure just dont do it; better be safe

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.