Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received preapproval for Sams Club Advantage Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Received preapproval for Sams Club Advantage Card

To my surprise today I have received a pre-approval for Sams Club Advantage Credit for $600. I did not sams club did this kind of offers. Any way, it is going straight to my paper shredder.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received preapproval for Sams Club Advantage Card

I had one of those's a few years ago. It's a Sam's store card, good at Walmart too.

It created me a TON of pain and misery for me. Lost my pif payment at local acct. office. Acct closed because of it. Charged off, AND charged me a late fee, which I refused to pay, and it went into collections. Serviced by GEMb. I have to admit though, the Debt Recovery Dept. listened to my horror story, and deleted the baddies off my CR, and deleted the late fee. So all worked out ok. But I'll never have another one!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
To my surprise today I have received a pre-approval for Sams Club Advantage Credit for $600. I did not sams club did this kind of offers. Any way, it is going straight to my paper shredder.

I receive offers, by mail, for Sam's Club Advantage Credit and Sam's Discover Cards frequently.  In addition to the mail offers, periodically while at the checkout, I also receive preapproved offers for credit along with my cash register receipt.  Even when I joined Sam's Club a few years ago, immediately after submitting my membership application at the customer service desk, the Sam's employee told me I was preapproved for a Sam's Club Discover Card with a credit line of $XX,XXX. 
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

psychic, you have a shimmering credit aura around you that makes those offers just leap out of nowhere! Smiley Very Happy Another mini-benny of high scores and perfect credit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Sams was the fiorst company to offer me credit while I was in the DMP.  Altough I should have waited till I finished the DMP, the CL went from 300 to 2400 in 2 years.  It helped me through some tuff times and allowed me to rebuild.  Also Sams is not sub-prime with no yearly fee.  You can even do a cash advance when you check out at Sams with it being coded as a cash advance.

Mine will be PFD in this mont I will will always use it as a souce for credit and playing the FICO score game.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have sams member credit for my business. I'll see if they give a Discover for my business. Other than that I am done with any credit cards with sams/walmart.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.