Did you mean: 

Receiving Citi cards?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Receiving Citi cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I'm moving and traveling in the next few days.

There are sometimes exceptions made.  Call Citi and explain your situation and see if it can be expediated.

Agree.  The account has to be generated on the system for them to be able to do that.  I think they may charge like $6 to expedite (if anything)?  I think one of my newest Citi cards was expedited.  They told me it was going to be $6, but I never saw the charge post at all.  So, it's YEMV but doable if you need to have it sooner.

Message 11 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why did you not just apply for the card after you moved, though? Seems like a potential headache that could have been avoided.

To be honest, outside of what Finstar just said, I have never heard of them expediting a card but you can call and ask. I didn't find them to be especially slow with my Double Cash, I got it within a week, but I'm sure it depends where you live.

I understand it is annoying, but even if you don't get the card in time, you have other cards you can use so you aren't totally SOL or anything.

Message 12 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are sometimes exceptions made.  Call Citi and explain your situation and see if it can be expediated.

If it can't be expedited maybe you can change the shipping address to the new address. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Message 14 of 19
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for the Simplicity card over a week ago and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm anxious so I can BT my Freedom and USAA MC to the 0% for 21 months. Made 2 large purchases last week with this in mind so we could receive reward points but have longer to pay at no interest. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What day did you apply? I applied the 9th received welcome letter the 19th but still no card
Message 16 of 19
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

I applied around the 9th as well. I received my welcome letter on the 21st which said I would be receiving the card soon. I called and they said it should be here by Friday the 25th but if not by the 29th to call back. Very frustrating. It shouldn't take over 2 weeks. Upon approval it said I would receive card in 7 days. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took over 2 weeks for mine to arrive.
Message 18 of 19
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Took over 2 weeks for mine to arrive.

I read on a separate post where somebody called Citi after there card didn't arrive after 2 weeks and they gave them an additional 20 days of 0% when the 21 months are up. I'm going to try that. It's been 2 weeks I've been unable to take advantage of the 21 month no interest offer

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.