Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving pre-screened offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiving pre-screened offers

I haven't received any credit card solicitations, except for BT offers from Citi who I already have cards with, and the BT is associated with those cards.

I would like to, in hopes of being targetted for some great offers like 100K for AMEX Plat. My roommate keeps getting it but he won't get it, but I want that.

I did have fraud in 2013 which may be why I was opted out (cab driver skimmed my card), but everything has been normal so I am ready to receive offers again.

Is the site "https://www.optoutprescreen.com/"? Is that legit? It looks a bit shady...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Receiving pre-screened offers

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't received any credit card solicitations, except for BT offers from Citi who I already have cards with, and the BT is associated with those cards.

I would like to, in hopes of being targetted for some great offers like 100K for AMEX Plat. My roommate keeps getting it but he won't get it, but I want that.

I did have fraud in 2013 which may be why I was opted out (cab driver skimmed my card), but everything has been normal so I am ready to receive offers again.

Is the site "https://www.optoutprescreen.com/"? Is that legit? It looks a bit shady...

That is the correct url .  Very very cruddy website, but it is the site that you use.

Message 2 of 6
axlm
Regular Contributor

Yes, that's the site. I've read somewhere that opting-in again can be glitchy, so be prepared to do it more than once. You might want to Google around a bit.
Also, you won't start receiving pre-approvals next week after hitting those buttons, so sit tight! Smiley Happy

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 3 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@axlm wrote:
Yes, that's the site. I've read somewhere that opting-in again can be glitchy, so be prepared to do it more than once. You might want to Google around a bit.
Also, you won't start receiving pre-approvals next week after hitting those buttons, so sit tight! Smiley Happy

Correct about 6 months for mail offers, but websites about a week or two until pre-quals will come up.

Message 4 of 6
axlm
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@axlm wrote:

Correct about 6 months for mail offers, but websites about a week or two until pre-quals will come up.

Didn't know about the online offers, thanks for the info!

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes if you are opt-ed out you won't see pre-quals for most websites aka Chase etc.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.