Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Chase CLI, anyone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent Chase CLI, anyone?

I think the subject pretty much says it all, but has anyone had any success at getting a Chase CLI? I've had a zero or near zero balance for over a year and no lates in 4 years (1 30-day before that). My FICOS are something like 673, 688, and 693 off the top of my head and my total CC utilization is about 41%. What do you think?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recent Chase CLI, anyone?

Your overall util is a bit high. Chase likes to see some action on your card, you have to use the card. Chase will always (almost) pull a hard inq if the cardholder request's a CLI. If you use the card a lot, Chase will give an auto-CLI w/o a hard inq.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Chase card for a few years. Last year it went from 4000 to 10000. This past May I asked for a CLI to 15k and was approved......

jv
Message 3 of 16
greekjim
Contributor

Had mine since last Feb. requested a CLI and it went from 2k to 4k
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requested and got a small CLI $700 to $1000. Card had just hit the 6 month mark but since then I have gotten many tradelines at least 2.5 to 10 times as high. Used it heavily first 3 months and PIF then I got better products. Much lower APR, much higher CL and better rewards program.

I am clearly unsatisfied with this product and on the fence about simply closing it so I don't get aggravated simply thinking about it.

I am in the classic chicken/egg scenario I refuse to use it until I get better terms etc and they refuse to budge until I use it.

Took the hard for the CLI so I will keep it open and give it the smallest amount of use possible then close it at one year mark. If it gets closed for non-use I wont lose any sleep over it.
Message 5 of 16
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I've had a zero or near zero balance for over a year

Not good - Chase likes to see usage. Have you card show a 5-6% balance for a few months. Actually, Chase is quite generous with their CLI's.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it has a pretty high APR, I'm not sure I can stomach a 5-6% balance every month. My main reason for the CLI is that they're offering me some pretty good BT's (see my other thread). I do use it almost every month for a small purchase here and there, but I PIF. Does that help?
Message 7 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I aked for a Chase CLI last fall and went from $2K to $8.5K.  I had never carried a balance, but I put through $500 to $1000 every month and piffed.

But my overall util on other cards was less than 5%
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a CLI with Chase after only 2 statements, BUT in my defense, the limit was absurd at $1K and I was putting through 2x the limit every month and PIF about 5x a month in payments of $300-400 each payment. It was really necessary for me to get a CLI to continue using the card as much as I was and they gave me an increase to $3K. I did take a hard hit for it.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

orchard 200.00 cli i threaten to close 900 limit try backdoor number...
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.