Did you mean: 

Recent EQ pullers

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Recent EQ pullers

@injustifiiable wrote:

@greeneman21 wrote:

Discover pulled both TU & EQ for me, approved me with ~670 score, Im in Tx. USAA is 100% EQ.

I'm not a member of USAA and have no military ties. Is there a way I could join and get a card with them?

USAA is a bank not a credit union, so yes you can open up an account

Message 21 of 28
Petraeus
Contributor

@altayar wrote:
I actually live in Seattle. When I applied online they pulled EQ and I received the rejection letter a week later. I called to recon and they pulled TU. They never pulled EX for me. When I called for the 4th time to recon I told them there's new information posted on my report and so they asked me which report did I want them to pull. They pulled EQ again after I told them that.

@Revelate wrote:

@altayar wrote:

Chase in general pulls EQ. If you get approved online they won't pull another report but they might if you get denied and try t recon.

Maybe on the east coast or for a second card (see Citi info above, Chase and many others do this as well), that's not true here in Cali for certain where it's EX all the time.

Chase pulls Exp (NY) from my INQ experiences.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 22 of 28
Petraeus
Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

If Discover indeed pulls EQ, that'd be awesome since I've always wanted one of their cards.

Will wait for them to start softing me first, and then see if there's a preapproval there. Has anyone gotten approved for Discover with a 665?

are you wanting to app for discover based on your first post? 2 co's 1 collection and 6 mos history?

I was thinking about it, but it wouldn't be for a little while longer anyway. MyFico thinks I only have two bad accounts (apparently, Midland put a dispute comment - for the record, there is no active dispute - on their trade-line so it seems like it's not affecting me negatively)

Discover likes to see at least a year of good history, right?

Yes. they look at your 12 month snapshot and naturally will point out anything that stands out and ask for an explanation. Outside of Barclay's, it was the most thorough and specific line of questioning regarding CL, debt etc. I ever had to face.  IT was legit though, I went a recent app spree and needed to come up with quick explanations.

Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Message 23 of 28
Petraeus
Contributor

@greeneman21 wrote:

Discover pulled both TU & EQ for me, approved me with ~670 score, Im in Tx. USAA is 100% EQ.

Discover HP TU & EXP for me. All my recent INQ are against TU & EXP in general (NYC area). Nothing in 12months for EQ. What gives? Just curious. I wouldnt mind a hit on EQ since my INQ history is clean there but I know its a hit or miss.

Message 24 of 28
Petraeus
Contributor

@bostonte wrote:
Nordstrom will pull EQ first, but sometimes they will do a second pull on EX. Discover has been a TU puller for me, in MA.

THanks I was hoping for a straight up EQ pull from Nordstrom.

Message 25 of 28
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Petraeus wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

If Discover indeed pulls EQ, that'd be awesome since I've always wanted one of their cards.

Will wait for them to start softing me first, and then see if there's a preapproval there. Has anyone gotten approved for Discover with a 665?

are you wanting to app for discover based on your first post? 2 co's 1 collection and 6 mos history?

I was thinking about it, but it wouldn't be for a little while longer anyway. MyFico thinks I only have two bad accounts (apparently, Midland put a dispute comment - for the record, there is no active dispute - on their trade-line so it seems like it's not affecting me negatively)

Yes. they look at your 12 month snapshot and naturally will point out anything that stands out and ask for an explanation. Outside of Barclay's, it was the most thorough and specific line of questioning regarding CL, debt etc. I ever had to face.  IT was legit though, I went a recent app spree and needed to come up with quick explanations.

This is good information! I was denied by Discover in August 2012 (They pulled EQ and quoted a 645 at the time - MyFico's EQ was 671) and I'm planning on trying again this coming August after another collection falls off. I will have two negs and util has gone down quite a bit since I've gotten some store cards over the past couple months. I'm at a 687 right now...do you think I'd have a shot then???

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 26 of 28
Simply827
Established Contributor

I think DCU pulls EQ only.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 27 of 28
Petraeus
Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Petraeus wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

This is good information! I was denied by Discover in August 2012 (They pulled EQ and quoted a 645 at the time - MyFico's EQ was 671) and I'm planning on trying again this coming August after another collection falls off. I will have two negs and util has gone down quite a bit since I've gotten some store cards over the past couple months. I'm at a 687 right now...do you think I'd have a shot then???

Getting down to 2 Colls is good but Discover may still get a little spooked by that. How long till the others fall off? Also what is your UT down to?

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.