cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Kay Jewelers approval? What were your scores and CL approved?

tag
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Recent Kay Jewelers approval? What were your scores and CL approved?

It's about that time to pull the trigger on a ring.  I might just put down around $4000 in cash but im concidering financing with Kay in the near future (by December).

I'm hoping to have my score up to 650-680 by then once my only CC starts to report and hopefully my judgement from 05 is vacated (will know by the 20th, fingers crossed). I have no open derogs and no bk or anything else. 

Just trying to get a feeler as to when i should/could apply and what to expect.

thanks in advance... myFICO ROCKS!

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Recent Kay Jewelers approval? What were your scores and CL approved?

I was approved for $1500 with around 600 scores and LOTS of debt.

While in bk I had been approved for 3k, but then they saw that my bk was still active and closed the account... I got the 1500 as soon as bk was over and they said they couldn't do the 3k again because of the debt... They seem to be super easy to get though and usually huge lines

Message 2 of 4
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

They pulled EQ for me when i was in the 630's I think.

I got $1800, instant approval.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 3 of 4
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@BrandonSS wrote:

It's about that time to pull the trigger on a ring.  I might just put down around $4000 in cash but im concidering financing with Kay in the near future (by December).

I'm hoping to have my score up to 650-680 by then once my only CC starts to report and hopefully my judgement from 05 is vacated (will know by the 20th, fingers crossed). I have no open derogs and no bk or anything else. 

Just trying to get a feeler as to when i should/could apply and what to expect.

thanks in advance... myFICO ROCKS!

Similarly to credit addict I was approved with FICOs (EX - found out from CU lender app) in the 630-650 range in 4/2010. I apped prior in Dec 2009, and was turned away. My scores were better and some newer cards at the time of the earlier app aged, which I think resulted in the approval. I used it for a wedding band for my wife to complement the ring I purchased before we married in June.

1500 CL.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.