Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent NFCU CLI's...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Recent NFCU CLI's...

My goal is to double my limit.....$8k to $16k.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 39
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

overall as well, stop being a wussy and just sumbit the request Smiley LOL

i know i know....you think it will matter to let the $4k payment post or just go ahead for it? submitted the payment on the NFCU site last night and should go through tomorrow i hope. From my NFCU checking to my NFCU card. Already shows the funds removed from my checking.

To be honest I dont think it really matters but if you feel better about it try tommorow, my experince says its already there if its a softpull they already checked your credit and the offer is just sitting there to be taken. On the flipside if it goes to a decesion from a loan officer I am sure they will see there is a payment about to post to the account. By the time they get to it, it will have already posted most likely.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 12 of 39
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Only do what you're comfortable with. I know the feeling about wanting reports to be optimal before asking for anything more. But what I can say about NFCU, is that if they have a set number in there already as far as how much they're willing to give you, it's already been defined. You can request up to that amount and have it granted to you with a SP. If it's slightly above that set amount, they should counter. If it's well above it, you'll get the 3-5 day message and it will result in a HP.

I had a $4k NRewards card with them that had a $3200 or so balance. I requested a CLI online to $5k and it was granted...I got brave and hit that button again and went to $7k...Got brave again after a couple of shots and success stories on here and went to $10k...Just felt like doing something first thing in the morning on a Saturday, and up'd my limit to $13k...Then hit it again for $15k and got countered...

Lemmie be honest with you. On one of my three cards with them, I asked to go to $20k, and got the 3-5 day message and ultimately was denied. But when I hit that button for $15k and $14k was approved, I had a feeling that if they allowed me to go to $14k with one card, that was probably the magic number for all the others. Sure enough it was.

Try or don't try, it's up to you. YMMV and I cannot say that your experience will be the same as mine or everyone else's. If you have an inquiry to burn then try for one and expect a HP or outright denial. Best case scenario, you'll get approved and it won't result in an HP. You'll only find out if you try....Or wait for them to auto increase you...

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 39
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Im going to test that theroy right now, Ill hit the button and see what happens

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 14 of 39
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Just hit the button for 20k ! Counteroffer to 17.5k. Took it

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 15 of 39
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

IME, if you request a CLI online and it's instantly approved it's a soft. If you request a CLI online and it's countered and you accept, it's still a soft...If any part of your request results in a 3-5 day message, it's a hard. So if you want to continue with your request beyond what the counteroffer is and go with the full amount that you requested, it's going to be a hard pull because they're going to have to manually review it. That's what the message says.

@Creditaddict wrote:

Now when you all talk about requesting and not getting a "Counter"

Does that mean if you request and it pops back instantly it's a SP and if it counters it's a SP BUT if you want to move forward with more of the counter or want to try again before 6 months you will venture into HP?

I see requests for $2, $3, $5k but nothing really big like Amex 3x.... Anyone at $20-$25k asked for CLI and for how much?

Message 16 of 39
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Just hit the button for 20k ! Counteroffer to 17.5k. Took it

Stop there. That's their max with a SP for you.

Message 17 of 39
dodgeball
Established Contributor

So it does seem that Navy will match your other cards, not a bad week for me over 14k in credit increases over a 4 day span

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 18 of 39
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

To everyone getting recent CLI's with NFCU I have some questions b/c I may be requesting for one soon as well.

How long have you had the card?

How much do you use the card?

Utilization when requested CLI?

Score when requested CLI?

I've had my cashRewards card since early December 2012, and have used the hell out of it. Just made a $4k payment and waiting for it to report next week and planning on requesting a CLI after it updates.

Thanks,

John

@I've had the card since xmas.  I used it for an 1800 BT @ 0% in January.  I also used it for a large purchase of over $3K and paid that balance within a week.  My utilization was about 20% overall.  My utilization on my NFCU card was 40% due to the BT.  My limit was $5k and I requested $5K additional.  I got the 3 to 5 day message and within about 4 hours they gave me a $2500 increase.  My score was 692 on EQ.

I'd say just hit the submit button and see what happens.  You should get something.  Mine did result in a hp probably because I went for double my limit.  I bet if I had only put $2K in there it may have been instant.  I just did it yesterday so if I got it you should surely get it!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 19 of 39
LesWH
Established Contributor

I was at $22,000 and I asked for $3,000 to take it to an even $25,000 and it was approved.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.