Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent feedback on Target REDcard

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recent feedback on Target REDcard

TCP is The Children's Place.  I spend at least $50 there with every visit, too.  Luckily, I don't visit too often.  Just when we can't reasonably squish the kid's thighs into his coveralls.

Message 11 of 18
lithium78
Established Contributor

I love my Target RedCard.  I started with a $200 CL and they increased it to $1000 after a year.  I use it every time I shop there and combine it with coupons whenever possible to save even more money.  The 5% is really helpful on big ticket items like the 40" flatscreen LED TV I bought on Black Friday.  I bought the TV off their website, so the RedCard also got me free shipping.  5% off is a good deal on any credit card you use.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I made this post couple days ago on another target thread. IMO if you can get a good starting limit for couple thousand your fine but if you get $200-$300 to start which is what most people get then don't bother. They don't do customer initiated CLI and I've been a customer for like 4 years with 730 EQ fico and no increase. Even kohls (Capone) gave me a increase. The Target Debit Card links to your checking account plus gives you 5% off and no credit check needed. I wouldn't recommend that card cause of the risk but it's available.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they aren't giving out any new non-debit RED cards?

Message 14 of 18
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I looked on the site and it appears they only stopped giving the Visa REDcards for now.  It still said you could app for the credit or debit in-store.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adalen wrote:

I looked on the site and it appears they only stopped giving the Visa REDcards for now.  It still said you could app for the credit or debit in-store.

Oh I see, maybe that's what I was thinking about.  So you can still get the credit version, but it's for Target use only.

Message 16 of 18
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I love Target but keep reading about people getting insanely low CLs, which keeps me from apping. I want to tell the people at the register that too. 

The card would definitely get used because I shop there nearly every week for groceries and I love their home decor as well. What kind of CL do you guys think someone with my scores/history would get? I have scores in the low-mid 700s, no baddies whatsoever, and my AAoA is 3+ years. Thoughts?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 17 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

I love Target but keep reading about people getting insanely low CLs, which keeps me from apping. I want to tell the people at the register that too. 

The card would definitely get used because I shop there nearly every week for groceries and I love their home decor as well. What kind of CL do you guys think someone with my scores/history would get? I have scores in the low-mid 700s, no baddies whatsoever, and my AAoA is 3+ years. Thoughts?

No telling with Target but I would think above $2k.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.