Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent spree failure

tag
knoregs
Established Contributor

Recent spree failure

After being approved for my Discover More card for $2K I decided what the heck and app'd for some other cards.... and failed miserably!!!! Sears pulled Equifax which is my strongest score and denied for "Length of time revolving accounts have been established". I think the Sears is Citi Bank. Amazon by Chase pulled TU which is my weakest score because of Med collection from three years ago. They denied for multiple reasons but top-most was "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank". I guess they blacklist. I screwed them in the past. Doh! Amex also pulled TU and made me feel like a POS with a laundry list of reasons.

Question is I guess... Do I have any chance at recon with any? I was thinking the Sears might be possible. Also what number would I call for them? And basically what do I say?

Thanks

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recent spree failure

Try Digital Credit Union...   They are being fairly generous to other forum members and helping them get re-established.   Doesn't hurt to recon Chase Amazon... at least try. 

Try GE Walmart Discover. 

Then GARDEN.

Smiley Happy   Congrats on Discover.  That is an awesome card, and an awesome company

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Well the good news is...now you know not to app with banks you've stuck.  Smiley Surprised

Medical collections are usually the easiest to remove...have you worked on that? 

Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

sent you a private message with an idea for you.

Message 4 of 7
knoregs
Established Contributor

Yeah if I get rid of that Med Collect then my TU will be on par with my EQ and EX which are both above 700. Any ideas on getting back in with Chase? or do I just never have a Chase card? ~kn

Message 5 of 7
knoregs
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Try GE Walmart Discover. 

Then GARDEN.

Smiley Happy   Congrats on Discover.  That is an awesome card, and an awesome company

I got shot down by GE slash WalMart back in June before I got secured BOA and CAP1 rebuilder. Should I try again? or just garden with what I've got?

~kn

Message 6 of 7
knoregs
Established Contributor

jfk

~kn

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.