Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent threads

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent threads

Got locked because some people who without understanding the thread decided to "contribute" in a personal way. When I started a topic a was hoping to get an advice from the people who have been in a similar situation or are educated enough to give a relevant advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Recent threads

I am sorry, but threads do meander sometimes - it is the nature of a public message board!  Sometimes a nice, humorous post about trying to get back on topic, or about threadjacking, can help  Smiley Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent threads

A fair, balanced and neutral perspective of what transpired last evening is necessary so that others have the clarity in knowing what this thread actually pertains to.

This latest post by the OP amounts to a personal swipe at other persons who posted relevant comments last evening on a couple of threads that were initiated by the OP.

For starters, the topics on both threads were hostile and unprofessional.  Ranting and belligerent posts followed, which were akin to throwing a fit.  It devolved from there.

Apparently the comments by other persons, which did not personal attack or show hostility toward anyone, were disliked by the OP.  In turn, disrespectful and spiteful posts were made.

Rather the join the fray last night, I sat back and watched it unfold from the sidelines.  First, it began in one thread then it spread to the other thread.  It involved some rapid fire comments. 

At one point, someone suggested that the OP have some decency by apologizing for their behavior – a post I view as part of community moderating.  Apparently, the OP took offense to the suggestion.  Then the OP made a post that attempted to dummy down and make their self look innocent.  Any reasonable person who read the threads could see through it.  I did and so did others when they chose to chime in.

I suspect it was the absence of decorum and common decency that led to posts being removed from the thread then eventually it led to both threads being locked. 

Now it seems the OP is back for another round this morning by casting blame on others without accepting responsibility for or mentioning their own actions.  And the lobbing of insults about the intelligence of others is flat out wrong and wholly unacceptable.

The act of thumbing their nose towards the community guidelines and other posters is sophomoric and disrespectful to everyone who participates here.  Persons who are unable to live within the spirit of these forums and value all contributing opinions either needs to have the self control and wherewithal to voluntarily step back or be punished in one form or another, up to and including having their access permanently terminated for detrimental conduct.  This sort of behavior should not be tolerated and others should not have to babysit. 

Otherwise it devolves to the point of others engaging in similar activities, then it contaminates the boards, and ultimately it drives people away and the forums die.

Thanks everyone.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.