Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently approved for Capital1 QS... but

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recently approved for Capital1 QS... but

Thanks can you PM me the EO office info that you used if you still ahve it?  Thanks.

Message 21 of 27
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question about my own C1 QS.  It started as $300CL Plat MC Jan 2014, then $500 Plat MC August 2014, then I just PC"d it to a QS Sep 2014.

I've tried calling & chatting about an additional CLI b/c I literally have to make a payment on the damn cardalmost every damn day b/c the posting delays take so long to clear for payments.  With my scores currently in my sig & assuming they improve by a modest 20 points 4-5 months from now when my repo falls off, will I just be looking at a meaningless CLI from $500 to $750?  It seems like a waste of time trying to rebuild this way as my only CC.  

I have what seems like a legitimate preapproval from BoA Cash Rewards and also Chase Freedom which I'm starting to think will be higher limits and help me build up faster in the long run.

- Very frustrated

Your scores are high enough and your history is long enough for me to suggest that you app for 2 more cards right now. I would highly suggest that you app for a Walmart card and perhaps the Bank of America card.

I think you have a really good shot at the Walmart card. Walmart is VERY generous with CLI and you get a free monthly TU FICO 08 score after signing up for electronic billing.

The BoA card is another matter. I give you a 70/30 chance for approval. The prime banks usually like to see at least 1 year of good history of managing 2 cards but BoA also likes to be someone's first good card so to speak. You really don't have anything to loose at this point. If you are denied, just wait 6 months and try again. Besides, you really don't know how you stand in the lender's eyes until you get a rejection!

Chase is usually harder to get than a Bank of America card. I would only give you 40/60 chance of approval on that card.

You really do need to have a minimum of 3 credit cards to be able to get the highest scores. By just having one card your scores are being nicked in several ways. (More than 50% of cards reporting a balance every month.) You are leaving points on the table by not having at least three cards.

You can do it!

App for the Walmart card first and then the BoA card.

Good luck!

Report back here!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 22 of 27
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had one visa platinum card and 2 months old quicksilverone mastercard. Last night I asked them to convert visa platinum to quicksilver visa, and quicksilverone to ventureone, which they converted them for me without issue.

I forgot to ask if my visa platinum will be converted into visa signature card, I just have to wait until my new card arrive and see if I got visa signature or visa platinum.

anyways, try contacting them using live chat from the website and ask them if you're elligible for card conversion.

Only if your CL was $5K+ when you did the PC.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Only if your CL was $5K+ when you did the PC.  

oh balls, cl is only 3300, does that mean i can ask them to convert it to visa signature "if" i get cli in the future?

Message 24 of 27
waters
Regular Contributor

I got approved for a capital one platinum mc for 500..within two weeks before my first statement I already maxed it out and pif and sent an EO email asking them to 1) add Rewards and 2) raise my limit.. 4 days later they raised it to 1k and I had 1.5‰ qs Rewards added.

I would say 100‰ yes contact EO. Worst they can say is no.
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 25 of 27
Jlu
Established Contributor

OP I was approved for the Chase Freedom with $2k limit when I had a 628 TU FICO. Nobody on these forums believed me back then til I posted a photo of the approval letter. You'll definitely have to recon the app so if you aren't good with speaking on the phone perhaps hold off. Half of my cards I got through sweet talking on the phone Smiley Wink I give good phone heheh

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlu wrote:

OP I was approved for the Chase Freedom with $2k limit when I had a 628 TU FICO. Nobody on these forums believed me back then til I posted a photo of the approval letter. You'll definitely have to recon the app so if you aren't good with speaking on the phone perhaps hold off. Half of my cards I got through sweet talking on the phone Smiley Wink I give good phone heheh

were you using Barry White voice when you got female rep? Smiley Tongue

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.