Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a CC for me: Building from 650 to 700

tag
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recommend a CC for me: Building from 650 to 700

webhopper: What can you tell me about the Barclays cash rewards?

Message 11 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

2 pts on gas groceries and utilities.

It's not a cash reward sorry
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 37
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Do you know generally what the minimum FICO score is for approval?

Message 13 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This thread shows someone approved with a 657. Your score could be there after you pay down balances

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Apple-Barclay-Card-Help/m-p/1456942/highlight/true#M401...
FICO 9:

Message 14 of 37
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Interesting.  I'll take a look, but I still think that Citi Forward is my best bet.  I'll drop an app with Citi and maybe an app for a Zync.  If I'm still looking for a card after that, I'll put an app in with Barclays.

Message 15 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays is extremely sensitive to inquiries, FYI... 

If you think you might app them, I would go for them first, otherwise forget it.  They are very good on recons though, if you don't get approved automatically you can call in and get a recon 80% of the time

FICO 9:

Message 16 of 37
Jlu
Established Contributor

Be sure you have at least 1 open CC with at least 1 year of on time payments before you apply for a Barclays card.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 17 of 37
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Still think Amex zync worth a shot. I would guess you have pretty good chance with them even with the late payment at least for the zync. The backdating is worth the risk.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 18 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:
Still think Amex zync worth a shot. I would guess you have pretty good chance with them even with the late payment at least for the zync. The backdating is worth the risk.

+1, or really more.  

This isn't a popular opinion; however, if you're not applying for anything serious for a while (read 1 year, or probably even six months as a minimum value) an inquiry used to find where you stand with one of the premier lenders isn't wasted when you're in rebuilding mode after you've finished applying for whatever else you want card wise in a single go-around.  The additional inquiry is minimal to no damage at that point if you've already dropped a few on your reports, and it helps later to know whether you;re clean or burned with Amex / Chase / etc, so that can be factored into future plans.

        
Message 19 of 37
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

+1, or really more.  

This isn't a popular opinion; however, if you're not applying for anything serious for a while (read 1 year, or probably even six months as a minimum value) an inquiry used to find where you stand with one of the premier lenders isn't wasted when you're in rebuilding mode after you've finished applying for whatever else you want card wise in a single go-around.  The additional inquiry is minimal to no damage at that point if you've already dropped a few on your reports, and it helps later to know whether you;re clean or burned with Amex / Chase / etc, so that can be factored into future plans.

+1 Revelate makes good points about inquiries
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.