cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a Credit Card. Excellent Credit. Pay in full every month. Cash back or Gift Cards.

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: Recommend a Credit Card. Excellent Credit. Pay in full every month. Cash back or Gift Cards.

@thorjo1984 wrote:

Hurray! My application to the Citi Forward card got approved with a limit of $6,500. 

I also talked to American express and they only gave me a $2,000 limit. Is there anything I can do to get this increased without taking another hit? 

Congrats on you newest approvals!!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 81 of 84
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Recommend a Credit Card. Excellent Credit. Pay in full every month. Cash back or Gift Cards.

Congrats, those are some nice cards you have just acquired.
Message 82 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 83 of 84
laboi_22
Established Contributor

@thorjo1984 wrote:

Are there any benefits for a charge card vs a credit card? Are the rewards typically better/worse? Either way I pay my balance in full every month. My brother in law has a Discover card and says he loves it. I have yet to look into their cards but would like to know the general consensus of Discover vs Amex or the others.

I really enjoy the freedom of the charge card. There is no preset spending limit so you don't have to worry about a credit line. Also it is great for utilization purposes as AMEX does not report credit lines. I use mine as if it were my debit card. I enjoy the points, the security, and the protection of using it for big purchases such as return protection, and extended warranty. I also enjoy the perks and the technology of AMEX. I use the Zync so as not to pay too high of an AF. You should carry an AMEX even if you don't use it much. It's a nice card to have!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 84 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.