Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations? Lower utilization?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommendations? Lower utilization?

Hello, I am wanting to open one more card to lower my utilization and help build my credit. Right now I have a Capital One secured card ($200 cl), and Walmart credit card ($400 cl)

My credit scores are

Transunion- 669

Experian- 669

Equifax-624

I applied for Kay Jewerlers but was denied because they could not verify income, I work for my dads business but he just gives me checks, Im not actually on his books, and my boyfriend who I live with makes a lot but Kay will not allow his paystubs to count. 

What other credit cards or department store cards are good to apply for? I don't want to waste an inquiry. 

I want to build my credit to over 700 to buy a home next year. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations? Lower utilization?

First, your scores are already good enough to purchase a home.  Do you have any baddies on your credit reports?

Second, if you really want another card, you might want to open an UNsecured Capital One.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

only negative factor is my credit is fairly new. Newest account is 1 year 7 months which was a student loan that is still in good standing. Capital one is only 4 months old and walmart is 2 months. No late payments, no collections or anyt of that. 

Message 3 of 4
tcbofade
Super Contributor

In that case, I strongly recommend that you do absolutely NOTHING.

Let time work FOR you, and keep your utilization down...you'll be fine.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.