Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for a 0% Intro Offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommendations for a 0% Intro Offer?

I am looking for a new credit card with a 0% intro APR offer, as I am getting ready to move and need to make several large purchases. Here are the current accounts I have, their limits, and their status (in order of age):

Regions Student Card: Closed, Opened March 2013

Discover IT: Open, $5200 limit, Opened January 2015

BankAmericard Cash Back: Open, $3500 limit, Opened July 2015

Amazon Store Card: Closed (lost card), Opened February 2016

Amazon Store Card: Open, $3400 limit, Opened February 2016

Chase Freedom: Open, $3500 limit, Opened March 2016

Furniture Marketing Group: Open, $4500 limit, Opened May 2016

Chase Sapphire Preferred: Open, $5000 limit, Opened July 2016 (just downgraded to Sapphire to avoid annual fee)

CarMax Auto Loan: Open, ~$14000 balance, Opened October 2016

Citi Simplicity: Open, $1800 limit, Opened November 2016

Upstart Personal Loan: Open, ~$11000 balance, Opened March 2017 (had some struggles where lost my job and no support from parents, so had to consolidate debt)

AMEX Gold Rewards Premiere: Open, Opened March 2017

AMEX Every Day: Open, $1400 limit, Opened April 2017

My total limit is $28,300, average age about 14 months, and utilization is about 2%. My FICO scores range from 680 to 700. I currently make about $105,000 per year. Never been late on any payments or any derogatory marks.

I intend to apply for this card around mid-May, so keep that in mind (as I've had several new accounts added this past month).

Any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: I Need a 0% Intro Offer

Have you checked any of your newer cards to see if they are still under a 0% on new purchases?  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Need a 0% Intro Offer

Yes. The Chase Freedom expires in June and the Citi Simplicity hs a balance too low for me to really take advantage of it. I'm trying to keep all the spending to one card.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recommendations for a 0% Intro Offer?

Diamond preferred comes to mind. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking for a new credit card with a 0% intro APR offer, as I am getting ready to move and need to make several large purchases. Here are the current accounts I have, their limits, and their status (in order of age):

Regions Student Card: Closed, Opened March 2013

Discover IT: Open, $5200 limit, Opened January 2015

BankAmericard Cash Back: Open, $3500 limit, Opened July 2015

Amazon Store Card: Closed (lost card), Opened February 2016

Amazon Store Card: Open, $3400 limit, Opened February 2016

Chase Freedom: Open, $3500 limit, Opened March 2016

Furniture Marketing Group: Open, $4500 limit, Opened May 2016

Chase Sapphire Preferred: Open, $5000 limit, Opened July 2016 (just downgraded to Sapphire to avoid annual fee)

CarMax Auto Loan: Open, ~$14000 balance, Opened October 2016

Citi Simplicity: Open, $1800 limit, Opened November 2016

Upstart Personal Loan: Open, ~$11000 balance, Opened March 2017 (had some struggles where lost my job and no support from parents, so had to consolidate debt)

AMEX Gold Rewards Premiere: Open, Opened March 2017

AMEX Every Day: Open, $1400 limit, Opened April 2017

My total limit is $28,300, average age about 14 months, and utilization is about 2%. My FICO scores range from 680 to 700. I currently make about $105,000 per year. Never been late on any payments or any derogatory marks.

I intend to apply for this card around mid-May, so keep that in mind (as I've had several new accounts added this past month).

Any advice?

What does your eligibility look like for CLI on any of your current cards...?? Maybe the 61 day 3xcli on  the everyday card in June...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went with the CLI idea and just got my Chase Freedom card bumped up to $7500 (a $4000 increase!). I will be requesting a limit increase with Citi soon and I will do the AMEX everyday card on June 2 (61 days after application). 

I was mostly just interested to see which cards were good options if those limit increases were not approved.

Message 6 of 10
txtjjs
Valued Member

Maybe check with Discover and see if they have a 0% offer for you?

*Edit: On your existing account. Not a new one.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover REFUSES to raise my credit limit or give me any kind of promotional APR. I have been with them since January of 2015 and never been late or carried a balance higher than 30% utilization.

Message 8 of 10
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Diamond preferred comes to mind. Good luck. 

this.  IIRC, it is 21 months of 0% 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

and you think my odds for that are pretty good?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.