Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended App spree age b4 applying for chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommended App spree age b4 applying for chase

I went on recent app spree the last couple of weeks (mostly for points) and I was able to get pretty much everything I wanted EXCEPT the chase cards.

They wanted a little more age and a little less apps. I'm now going into gardening mode, however I would like your opinion on how long I should wait before re-applying.

I have 4 new accounts, and about 10 recent inquiries. I also have some CLIs that should be due before I re-apply.

Will I be okay with a 3 mo clean slate or should I wait the recommended 6 because of the new accounts?

FYI I know that technically that is not the best way to go about improving my score, however I'm not really concerned with nickel and diming it in the short term, but just making sure it stay stable in the long term, and racking up as many free miles as possible.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: Recommended App spree age b4 applying for chase

You must wait at least 6 because of the check box. "I have NOT been denied credit by Chase in the last six months." If you can't check it, they'll auto deny you. That said, you may wish to wait until the inq to stop affecting your score, 4 is a lot for Chase.
TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 2 of 8
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went on recent app spree the last couple of weeks (mostly for points) and I was able to get pretty much everything I wanted EXCEPT the chase cards.

They wanted a little more age and a little less apps. I'm now going into gardening mode, however I would like your opinion on how long I should wait before re-applying.

I have 4 new accounts, and about 10 recent inquiries. I also have some CLIs that should be due before I re-apply.

Will I be okay with a 3 mo clean slate or should I wait the recommended 6 because of the new accounts?

FYI I know that technically that is not the best way to go about improving my score, however I'm not really concerned with nickel and diming it in the short term, but just making sure it stay stable in the long term, and racking up as many free miles as possible.

Definitely at least 6 months, possibly more. You need to make yoursef comfortable in the garden, 10 inqs are a lot for any prime card.

I would suggest that you let your inqs drop and go for chase and another prime card you are interested in.

Raking a large number of sub-prime card will not do anything for your score in the long term...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding 6 months period from last denial by chase is only a guideline for anyone who attempt to apply again to hold off until at least 6 months BUT it's not mandatory that they will deny you again if you re-apply within the period. I knew that from my own experience, getting denied for AARP then getting approved 4 months later. However, I would also wait at least  6 months because 10 inqs is way too many for chase auto-approval and you will still need the right person at recon department to approve you with that many inqs.

Message 4 of 8
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Regarding 6 months period from last denial by chase is only a guideline for anyone who attempt to apply again to hold off until at least 6 months BUT it's not mandatory that they will deny you again if you re-apply within the period. I knew that from my own experience, getting denied for AARP then getting approved 4 months later. However, I would also wait at least  6 months because 10 inqs is way too many for chase auto-approval and you will still need the right person at recon department to approve you with that many inqs.

I was told at a Branch otherwise, but I guess it may vary case by case.. Then again, its not like the personal bankers know that much about the credit department's policies.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 5 of 8
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told at a Branch otherwise, but I guess it may vary case by case.. Then again, its not like the personal bankers know that much about the credit department's policies.

I wonder what's wrong with waiting 6 months. I wouldn't risk raking up inq's just to see if it works...

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 6 of 8
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder what's wrong with waiting 6 months. I wouldn't risk raking up inq's just to see if it works...

LOL.  funny comment

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 7 of 8
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@quest208 wrote:

@SevenNEW wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL.  funny comment

I know -- it must be fairly clear by now that the urge to app weekly leaves me a little baffled, and I am well aware very few people feel this way around here.

Though I do firmly believe that credit building / rebuilding is a goal-oriented game, and we should really do what brings us closer to our goal...

4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.