Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended normal & store cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommended normal & store cards

My DW has a BofA & Citi Visa.   Scores 705-715.  We want to add 1-2 bank cards and 1-2 store cards.  She got an offer from Discover in the mail last week so we will try that one.  Any suggestions on another bank card and on 1-2 store cards (no Macy's as I have one already)? 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Recommended normal & store cards

@Anonymous wrote:
My DW has a BofA & Citi Visa.   Scores 705-715.  We want to add 1-2 bank cards and 1-2 store cards.  She got an offer from Discover in the mail last week so we will try that one.  Any suggestions on another bank card and on 1-2 store cards (no Macy's as I have one already)? 

For FICO credit mix you only need 1 store card. Try Chase or a good credit union.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a Kohl's in your area,you might want to give them a try. Very nice customer service,decent limit,customer friendly CLI policy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would check into Nordstrom....
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would check into Nordstrom....

Yea.....You want to be treated well get a Nordstroms Signature Card they treat you real nice. It may be close with your scores for a Signature Card but I wish you luck and hope you get it.

KingSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd suggest US Bank as another prime card.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I clicked on the app. for Kohl's. Saw it was backed by Chase and promptly closed it out. I haven't had much luck with Chase in the past. Also don't plan on giving them much business in the future. Would have been nice too as we have a new Kohl's going in our mall.
Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

mc/visa:  credit union, us bank

store:      nordstrom or macy's

i carry discover and still think it is a good pick to keep options open but imo this is not an ideal time to app discover.  their default rate is nearing double digits and they appear to be biting back (slashing limits of some customers, tightening approval standards).  if you don't carry balances then i'd be less concerned. otherwise, you may still be fine but note that for some card holders discover has reportedly become even more strict.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.