cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommending Venture One with a 630 FAKO? Wow.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recommending Venture One with a 630 FAKO? Wow.

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I know there is a rule for only 2 cards of the lower tier.... is VentureOne considered lower or upper tier?

Venture One is an upper tier card. You can have up to four other Cap One cards of ANY type and not be disqualified for too many cards.

Message 11 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I know there is a rule for only 2 cards of the lower tier.... is VentureOne considered lower or upper tier?

Venture One is an upper tier card. You can have up to four other Cap One cards of ANY type and not be disqualified for too many cards.

I thought it was 5 cards total...   Unless obviously you had orchards cards etc that were purchased..  

Message 12 of 15
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I guess because I'm carrying $42k of debt right now (they consider medical collections debt) and I make $55k a year? 

Really I'm only in about $30k of debt, and $26k of that is a new 1.9% 3 year car loan. 

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 5.22.47 PM.png

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's nothing more than paid advertising. I would pay it no mind.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this post was so old.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@dallasareaguy wrote:

I use another site for monitoring credit because myFICO sadly is unable to pull my reports.

My score reported as a 630 Trans Union this morning on this particular monitoring site and is

recommending I have a FAIR chance of approval of Venture One.... with a 630???

Let me guess, CreditKarma? 

I have a 642 TU FAKO from there and it's recommending the Amex EveryDay and VentureOne. Both which have been denied to me in the past 4 months. 

It's also recommending I file for Bankruptcy, so read into that all you want. 

Are you serious??   Is this ethical even?   Guessing they advertise a lawfirm to help and get commision off that?  Never heard of such a thing!  They use to give me lexington law when I was cleaning up my report, but this is like wow!

Yes it shows the same for me. My utilization is 2% on my TL's. I'm guessing it's advertising. OP I wouldn't put any stock in recommened cards either and their approval odds. It's all advertising. CK is good for monitoring accounts being added or reviewing them and to see if INQ's hit either EQ or TU but the scores are not something I'd go by if deciding to apply for something. Just to give you an idea of how off the scores there are I pulled EQ and TU 3B reports here yesterday that deliver a true FICO 08 score. My EQ is 689 and TU is 692. If you're going by what they show and your real score are lower you might be declined on cards you think you can get and if they are higher than what CK reports you might be selling yourself short from applying for better cards. Here's what they show me at:

Eric Credit Karma BK.PNG

Edit: I just noticed how old this was as well. My current true FICO comparision to CK's listed score is still useful info though. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.