Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Amex via Fax

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Recon Amex via Fax

Hi Everyone, 

Ive had an Amex BCE card now for almost a year.

Ive tried to request for an increase on the 61st day, 90 day and 6 month mark but all were declined... 

I tried the recon line and didnt have any luck eitehr. When I received my last decline letter, It stated something about a derog in my report. That derog has been removed and no longer shows on my report and was thinking maybe I need to go about this through Fax instead of a phone call. 

Does anyone happen to have the Fax number for Amex recon? And what info do you provide with the fax? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Recon Amex via Fax

@Bsong wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

Ive tried to request for an increase on the 61st day, 90 day and 6 month mark but all were declined... 

I tried the recon line and didnt have any luck eitehr. When I received my last decline letter, It stated something about a derog in my report. That derog has been removed and no longer shows on my report and was thinking maybe I need to go about this through Fax instead of a phone call. 

Does anyone happen to have the Fax number for Amex recon? And what info do you provide with the fax? 

I had the fax number from when i had to submit my CR last year, can't find it anymore...sorrry.  But for the info, you would want to have a cover page and have it mark to:  ATTN: "MEDIA DEPT"  and briefly write what you are sending, along w/ a ref # or just your account #.  Now, it literally took them about a week to receive my CR, have no clue why it took them so long. 

Anyways, best of luck to you and keep up updated...very interested in the outcome of this.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 3
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Re: Recon Amex via Fax

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

I had the fax number from when i had to submit my CR last year, can't find it anymore...sorrry.  But for the info, you would want to have a cover page and have it mark to:  ATTN: "MEDIA DEPT"  and briefly write what you are sending, along w/ a ref # or just your account #.  Now, it literally took them about a week to receive my CR, have no clue why it took them so long. 

Anyways, best of luck to you and keep up updated...very interested in the outcome of this.

Thanks for the response... Ill be sure to add those details once I get the fax number. 

My Amex card at this point is now my lowest card and have no use for it if they do not grant me some kind of increase. The only reason why I consider keeping it is just for *bling* (AMEX wow factor) since Amex is not even accepted at most places I go too. 

- After typing my last sentence, I realized that it really has no "WOW factor". I guess that was in the past.... 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.