Established Member
bbloomen

Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone on the forums here!  The backdoor numbers do work and help big time!  So the last time I posted, I had applied for a Crap1 Regular Platinum Card... Was approved for $500.  This time, I applied to chase for a Chase Freedom card, intitially turned down a couple of times, but calling back the 3rd time was a charm.  Since I had an established credit line with them over an auto loan I had years ago, they approved me for $2000! 

So as it stands right now here are my three cards:

Chase Freedom - $2000

Cap1 Platinum -    $500

HSBC Bestbuy-     $2400

Time to hit the garden mode!

FICO EQ: 727, FICO TR:685, FAKO EX: ???

Whats in My Wallet: AMEX Gold | Chase Freedom | Capital One Platinum | Best Buy CC | Walmart CC
Established Contributor
wollepopolle

Re: Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

Great success! Bravo!

I am surprised though that they approved you with scores in the low 600s (if the scores you provide in your signature are accurate). 

Established Member
bbloomen

Re: Recon Approved on Chase Freedom!

I should have updated my scores, which I did now... I am in the high 6's and hope to break the 7's with EQ.  But it feels good to be in the prime market!  Now the question is should I close the Cap1, or leave it open as a trade line altogether?  I did read that if you have auto loans, mortgages and student loans, having more open lines of credit will help you.  

FICO EQ: 727, FICO TR:685, FAKO EX: ???

Whats in My Wallet: AMEX Gold | Chase Freedom | Capital One Platinum | Best Buy CC | Walmart CC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+