Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon CSP

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Recon CSP

@Omnipotent wrote:
Not so much the limits on your other cards but more like the history with your cards. I would have waited for that CLI on the Amex and then went for it after it reported. Think that would have done it

IMHO 

Chase didn't see enough history with them yet.

You have only had a chase card for 2 months and possibly 1 of those months it didn't report to CR.

Thus maybe 1 statement cut 2 at the most...not enough time for a picky lender like chase

You need to wait at least 6 months and try again

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 21
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

What was your income?

Message 12 of 21
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

If you have a clean report, build 6 months of credit history with chase. If you have many inquiries, let them age before applying. Make sure to use the chase card heavily even if it only has a $500 limit.

Remember, the 5k limit requirement has been proven to be false approval after approval.

If you don't have a clean report, your results will probably vary.
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 13 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@matopek wrote:

Just apped for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card for the benefits/points bonus. I got the "Application under review, check back in two weeks" message and tried the automated status line. No information on there either, so I called up the recon line for app status. Person on phone said application was denied (after putting me on hold for about a minute), and cited the reasons (Too many inquiries, 1 new card from Chase over a month ago, two other new cards, debt ratio because of student loan (although she said payments were deferred on that...implying that maybe that is fine)).

Card portfolio:

Chase Freedom- $2.5K Opened April 13

Amex Blue - $2K Opened April 13

Discover - $750 Opened Nov 12

Cap One - $500 Opened May 12

Barclays - $250 Opened April 13

BOA - $700 - Opened May 13

I know CSP requires line of $5K. I was thinking that I am due for an Amex 3x CLI in a few weeks, and may bump that up to 6K limit. Also got a recent auto CLI from Discover. Also, no bad things on report, spotless payment history.

Is it worth calling the recon line again for a second time? I kind of only called the first time to seek application status, and wrote down denial reasons. The person on the phone seemed rather rushed so I figured I'd wait to recon. I figured I already took the HP for this application.

Give it six months with your Chase Freedom so they can get to know you. PIF heavy use. Get your CLI on Amex and any other cards where it can be done with a SP. If Amex puts you over 5k then you should be in good shape depending on your CS. I was denied for CSP because of lack of revolvers, so I got a 3k Freedom and 5k venture. After six months I am hoping to go back and get the CSP, although I am anticipating having to recon to do so. Your problem is low CLs, but that should change if you get bumped up by Amex. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 21
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

the same thing happen to me but look like you took too long to call them if i was you i would call them up few more time.

>
Message 15 of 21
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

I would recon at least 3 times, see if you can see a pattern on what the reps are telling you and maybe you can fine a way to convince them other wise! But like others have said your probably gonna have to wait for your cards to age.
AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 16 of 21
toppers555
Established Contributor

In my opinion you have to many new accounts. you need to let those age at least 6-12 months.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 17 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Laugh wrote:
If you have a clean report, build 6 months of credit history with chase. If you have many inquiries, let them age before applying. Make sure to use the chase card heavily even if it only has a $500 limit.

Remember, the 5k limit requirement has been proven to be false approval after approval.

If you don't have a clean report, your results will probably vary.

While I absolutely agree with you, there's incredibly few individual things from an underwriting perspective that are either automatic approval or outright rejection worthy.

Underwriting decisions are based on a collection of datapoints for risk analysis, and while we've had some anecdotal reports of CSP approvals that appeared to be more head-scratching than even my Amex approvals to me, I think it's reasonable to say that having a tradeline greater than 5K helps to some extent.

That said, virtually anything can be reconned sucessfully with Chase; however, a slew of recent accounts including the Freedom aka Chase starter card, is a difficult walk with what amounts to 1.25 years history to a CSP.  I'd probably try my luck once more without expecting anything... though assuming the credit market stays similar through this time next year, I'll certainly be reconning my own CSP decision if I get denied, and probably twice at that as well.

        
Message 18 of 21
oztsvi
New Contributor

i got approved after having my freedom for three weeks, and with no other cards with a 5k limit.

csp is my first 5k limit...every case is deifferent 

Message 19 of 21
matopek

@oztsvi wrote:

i got approved after having my freedom for three weeks, and with no other cards with a 5k limit.

csp is my first 5k limit...every case is deifferent 

If you don't mind, what AAoA did you have when you applied for it?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.