Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Chase Freedom?

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Recon Chase Freedom?

Chase Freedom denied due to inquiries - Transunion was the pull and score is 734.  Should I fight or cower down?

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon Chase Freedom?

How many inquiries?  Recon can't hurt, but you might want to wait until your inquiries go away and maybe you can get a lower rate.

Message 2 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

Recon through backdoor. Talk to a live person and make you case. I have found it to be very helpful.

Message 3 of 24
daveg38
Established Contributor

14 inq's (went apping Sept-January which is about 7 of them)

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 24
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

ahhhh. Chase no likkea tha inquiries.Smiley MadSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely call for recon. I just reconned with 60 inquiries and was approved. They didn't even ask me about the inquires and I had a lower score than you.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely call for recon. I just reconned with 60 inquiries and was approved. They didn't even ask me about the inquires and I had a lower score than you.

What?????????

Message 7 of 24
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

recon recon recon, it wont hurt but it can really help.  Unfortunatley it didnt work for me when i called chase. The CSR kept going on about how i had 25 inquiries, he didnt care that 20 of them were over a year old, and 12 of the, were all on the same day for when i was rate shopping for a car loan.  He then got mad when i tried to plead my case and gave me the whole "There is no way we are going to approve you" speech in a very negative tone, lol, what a douche.

But like i said it cant hurt, the worst they can do is say no.  Good luck to you.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 60 inquires. And also if the first person says no call again and speak with someone else. Try at least 4-5 times before you quit. I here all these people saying should I recon? Ummmmm ya......always unless you don't want the card! Every card I have I reconned. I've never received an instant approval. Also people call once and they think that's the end of the road. Also a stupid thing to do! What people have to realize in this world is that in order to get what you want you have to work for it!
Message 9 of 24
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I have also found the Chase reps via the backdoor number to be very helpful. It didn't work for me, but both ladies I talked to were very polite and helpful. They pretty much told me that I would have been approved if I had at least a year of CC history.

As for recons in general, definitely try more than once. While the Chase didn't work for me, Barclays did. I recon'd once and was denied, then I called again a few days later and talked with the nicest guy ever and he approved me. It really all comes down to the person you get. I have to say Barclays probably has the friendliest reps I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, Chase being a close second....Wells Fargo and Discover have been bar none the worst. They were just flat out rude to the point where I had to hang up before I went off on them. Wells Fargo especially; I even closed my checking account and will never bank with them again because of the piss poor service I received on several occasions. 

Photobucket
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.