Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon - Chase Slate FTW!

tag
Benelli
Established Member

Recon - Chase Slate FTW!

I've been gardening for around 4 months and decided to apply for a few cards last night. I applied for the Chase Freedom, Barclay Rewards, and the Chase Slate. I was instantly approved for $2000 for the freedom which was my highest yet! But, I was denied when I applied for the Slate. I only received $500 from barclays. I wanted the slate card so I could transfer a few balances from some other cards with high interest.

I called the recon number this morning and they were beyond friendly on the phone with me. I went from being denied, to being approved for $2500! I'm happy! He said too many applications close together with chase and they automaticly deny accounts. I asked barclays for more refrencing the $4500 in credit I just received from chase... They didn't seem to care and said they would reevalute at a later time when I show more credit history with the new cards

So there you have it. The Recon number at chase sure did help me out. It's definetly worth a shot if you are in a simular situation.

Credit scores are all around 670 +- 10pts and I've been banking with chase for quite a few years.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Recon - Chase Slate FTW!

Good going. I ha a harder time with recon with Chase but I eventually was successful.

Message 2 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Did they pull your credir a secons time at Chase?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Credit* second*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I've tried to recon with Chase a couple of times, and both times they wouldn't budge. Glad it worked for you.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 6
Benelli
Established Member

They never said so but I honestly belive the reason they gave me the credit they did was because my checking account is there. Bank of america declined me last night.

No they didn't pull it again. He said "oh, I see it was declined because you have a lot of inquires today, two of which were with us. If you apply for more than one card with us within 30 days it's automaticly declined." I explained why I wanted the slate card on top of the freedom they gave me (to transfer a balance from a high interest card)..... He asked how much credit I needed. I told him $2000ish, he put me on hold then came back and said congrats I got you $2500. Very nice guy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.