Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Chase?

tag
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: Recon Chase?

Called and still denied because of limited CC history. In a few months, I suspect I'll be good to go if I decide to try again.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 11 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Sorry you didn't get approved.  Just use the credit you have wisely and try again in 6mos or so.

Message 12 of 16
ptilda
Established Contributor

Thanks. I'm not really worried, considering I managed to acquire 12 cards and 1 installment loan in the past 2 weeks! Smiley Happy This one card can wait. I'll be much more strategic in future applications, and Chase will certainly be on that list.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The reconsideration results would have been as expected given what you had already shared.  Just wait until your profile shows improvement and you can give it a try in 6-12 months.

Message 14 of 16
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

I know, Chase isn't recon friendly. But I was looking over the denial letter I got from them, and one from Bank of America. Both pulled EX scores. Chase had me at a 564 on 12/01/13, and BofA has me at 633 on 12/02/13. Is it really possible that my scores went up that much overnight? Given this discrepency, should I recon?

I don't necessarily agree with that.  Lots of people (myself included) have success with recons with Chase.  Probably depends on a number of factors, including your profile, but also to whom you speak with when you call.

Also, their internal score for me is always significantly lower than Myfico, but they've also been willing to work with me at building a relationship.  I'd say if you have good explanations for the items the listed in the denial letter, definitely give them a call.  It doesn't hurt and you might get more specifics on when to reapply, even if they don't approve you this time.

+1  

Good luck OP if you decide to recon.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 15 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase is very new account sensitive. Got approved with 22,99% APR  and an application score of 100 points less than Fico. Reason too many new accounts...this was for my Freedom in January 13 and it was only new account #4. So garden for a while, do NOT app for anything else and try again in 6-9 month. My Chase Mariott got approved with so much better conditions after no inq for 6 months. See you in the garden Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.