Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Citi DIamond Preferred

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Recon Citi DIamond Preferred

was declined today and then called up to recon and got approved .

SO for anyone who else gets declined , if you just call and be super nice and explain your story , you have a good shot

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Recon Citi DIamond Preferred

Do you mind saying why you were denied? I applied for the Thank You Preferred and was declined because of inquiries(most from chequing accounts) and accounts too new. The oldest account I have is two years old and I opened alot of accounts this year, so I can somewhat understand it.

Message 2 of 14
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

they said to many open accounts recently but I explained it was because of student loans.

Message 3 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Oh okay. Mine are credit cards so I don't think I have a chance Smiley Sad. No harm in trying though, so I may just do so. Thank you for the information.

Message 4 of 14
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Ya I got some super nice old lady , you can tell immediately by the reps voice if they will do it

Message 5 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Very true. With such short history I frequently must do reconsiderations. For me it is usually a young sounding female that is most likely to overturn the decision. I have only had one younger sounding gentleman help me out. The rest of the people just said no, lol.

Message 6 of 14
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

ya no offense to indians either , but the indian females automatically say no regardless of what you say. The men are usually the same way. Your best bet is an old white lady lol.

Message 7 of 14
aplast
Regular Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

ya no offense to indians either , but the indian females automatically say no regardless of what you say. The men are usually the same way. Your best bet is an old white lady lol.

LOL

Message 8 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Interesting thing is that when I applied for the Forward, I was always forwarded to foregin representatives. Now that I am ringing about the Preferred, I get people in Maryland each time. I wonder if they have different things for different applications. The foreign representatives just don't seem to be able to do anything, so I wonder why exactly they are there.

With other companies, most times the foreign representatives are quicker to do what you want. I had an MP3 player that frequently broke and each time I rang it was a foreign person and they sent a new one out. Once I got an United States person and they refused to send one and said I would have to send the one I had in and it could take a month to get a new one sent after that. Obviously, I tried again later in the day and got another MP3 player sent out.

Message 9 of 14
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

yes the lady I got was from maryland , first one I got earlier was from somewhere out west.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.